Author Topic: Been thinking about trips!  (Read 20817 times)

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Been thinking about trips!
« on: February 16, 2014, 05:41:01 PM »
Hi all - I know it's a bit early but we have to have something to look forward to with this awful weather so we been thinking of trips we might do this year.  So the ones we have looked at are as follows:

Mathraki & Othoni

Paros & Parga

And the evening coach trip to
Kassiopi

(all these with San Stefanos travel if they still do them this year of course!!)

Can anyone give us any information on these trips, etc - whether they are good or bad days out etc.  any reviews would be helpful.

Also now it appears the harbour has been cleared will the boat trips leave directly from the San Stefanos harbour?

I know I am a bit early with this but we really do need something to look forward too and planning is part of the fun!! 

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Been thinking about trips!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »
1) Paxos and Parga & 2) Albania - normally leave from Corfu town due to their location...but email Noula at San Stefanos Travel and sure she will be able to advise even if the exact day plan is not yet in place it will give you an outline of how to plan your hols.......
other boat trips should leave from the local harbour this summer.    email info@san-stefanos.gr

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 11:51:11 PM »
Don't forget Corfu Town by boat. Much nicer than the bus!

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 11:29:20 PM »
Don't forget Corfu Town by boat. Much nicer than the bus!

Other half won't "do" Corfu town after last year unfortunately!!!!  Got lost, nearly missed bus back, too hot, massive argument - he thought he was right!!  I knew I was right!!! 

Thanks for the advice though.  Also Lesley - we will contact those at San Stef travel but think maybe we should wait until nearer the time though, just getting a bit ahead of ourselves wishing our time away to be there!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 01:13:13 AM »
The boat's easy:

(1)   Boats are usually on the water
(2)   The water is at the edge of the town
(3)   The boat leaves from the Old Harbour, which is sensibly placed next to the water
(4)   The Old Harbour is next to the Old Fort
(5)   The Old Fort is a stonking great rock with a castle on the top
(6)   Useful phrases (a) - "Where is the sea, parakalo?"
(7)   Useful phrases (b) - "Is that gigantic rock with a castle on the top The Old Fort?"
(8.)   If you are at the edge of the sea and the Old Fort is to your right walk past it
(9)   Go down the steps to the harbour level
(10) The boat should be floating in the water. If it has sunk, ask for your money back
(11 ) More useful phrases: "I've lost my husband - fancy a drink big boy?"
(12) Notes: Water is the blue wet stuff that laps on the shores of Kerkyra
(13) Notes: Water is also the blue wet stuff you can jump into off the boat on the way home
(14) More useful phrases: "Yassou, Captain. My husband jumped off the boat and he's swimming to the shore. Can we leave now?"

(15a) Addition notes: If you don't know which way the sea is, ask: "Poo eenay ee thalassa?"
(16b) Additional notes: It is not essential and possibly risky to to take a husband on trips. They'd be happier in the bar

Have fun!

(17) Stupid forum turns numbers into smileys.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 01:15:34 AM by Jimbo »

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 01:42:41 AM »
The boat's easy:

(3)   The boat leaves from the Old Harbour, which is sensibly placed next to the water
(7)   Useful phrases (b) - "Is that gigantic rock with a castle on the top The Old Fort?"
(8.)   If you are at the edge of the sea and the Old Fort is to your right walk past it
(10) The boat should be floating in the water. If it has sunk, ask for your money back
(13) Notes: Water is also the blue wet stuff you can jump into off the boat on the way home
(14) More useful phrases: "Yassou, Captain. My husband jumped off the boat and he's swimming to the shore. Can we leave now?"

(15a) Addition notes: If you don't know which way the sea is, ask: "Poo eenay ee thalassa?"
(16b) Additional notes: It is not essential and possibly risky to to take a husband on trips. They'd be happier in the bar

Have fun!

Loved that - made me laugh!!  Thanks xx

Offline Terri

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
I'm interested in Corfu Town by boat but can't see it on the San Stef Travel website.  Is it something they put on for the summer does anyone know?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »
By Zeus, you're right. No longer listed.

Cerys - Please advise!

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 01:38:38 PM »
Loved that - made me laugh!!  Thanks xx
that is bloody brilliant Jimbo , it certainly put a smile on my face !

Gavlah1973

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »
We did the Corfu Town by boat about 3 years ago.... To be honest it was awful!
Got picked up around 3pm at Romanza. Had to get dressed up as we would be there for the evening (dinner on Liston etc)

Bus had to drive somewhere via pick up in Sidari due to harbour being silted up. It took about an hour just to reach the boat.
There was very little shelter from the sun and it was scorching.... Few folk getting burnt.... I felt like I'd got sunstroke.
Arrived about 5pm

Had to return to boat about 9pm for journey back. Wind got up and it was very choppy. Felt really cold given the fact it was so warm earlier.
Then had to get back on bus and face same 60 min journey back.

Got back to Romanza about 11.30pm.

It was like an endurance test. Would much rather have been on an air conditioned coach for 90 mins

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 11:04:14 PM »
The daytime trip was great.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »
This was the only one available when we booked

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 01:14:47 AM »
Of all the trips the one I'd most like to do again.

Picked up by Sally and driven to Sidari. Coach from Sidari to Acharavi. (That's not long!) Then lovely trip down the east coast and a few hours in Kerkira and a swim off the boat on the way back.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 02:29:39 PM »
That sounds better!!!

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 11:40:48 PM »
The boat's easy:

Have fun!

I must admit I loved reading that!!  Can't trust his sense of direction at all he would have had us going over some bridge on our way to a very special footi match a week last Sunday!!  Good thing us girls left the men at home!!!  He has totally banned me from Corfu town ever again!!  Maybe should get a group of females to go on a shopping trip - now that's an idea!!! 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni