Author Topic: Disappointment .......then joy  (Read 4863 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Disappointment .......then joy
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:23:05 PM »
Back last July we did as most people do whilst on holiday in San Stef and that is to book for the following year. However, come Christmas time we had to cancel our holiday. Two years of 1% pay rises on top of 3 years without a rise at all stretched the finances to the point where a holiday was a luxury we couldn't afford. Thats the disappointment bit.

Last Monday I had a promotion interview and last Friday they offered me the job. That a 10%+ pay rise allied to a £70 reduction on the Thomson flights out of Bristol we wanted = going on holiday again.

Booked flights, paid deposit now looking at cashing some euros as its at 1.20 on TravelFX. Perked up big time. Now we can't wait. By the way thats the joy bit. 

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointment .......then joy
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:25:11 PM »
So pleased for you and well done on your promotion. When are you going and where are you staying? I am not surprised that you have now perked up, summer will soon be here! :) :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:49:12 PM »
Excellent news for you  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:11:12 AM »
So pleased for you and well done on your promotion. When are you going and where are you staying? I am not surprised that you have now perked up, summer will soon be here!

11th July for 2 weeks staying at the Fedra, again. Since Christmas I haven't looked at the webcam, been on the forum, checked the San Stef weather or done any of the things I do daily when I know we're going. I even changed my screen save in work which has a sunset taken from the Beachcomber. I'll reinstate it tomorrow.
When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 06:31:56 AM »
I can understand how you feel.... and well done...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni