Author Topic: Best Bar None  (Read 20220 times)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
Best Bar None
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:06:38 AM »
Heading back to San Stef after a gap year, have got the restaurants in my sights but was wondering what I can expect from the various bars? Any changes to style, product or entertainment approach? Best cocktails , happy hours, local specials? Keen to try anything new, views / recommendations folks? Cheers

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Best Bar None
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:02:28 AM »
There are no bad bars,so why not try them all  and give us your opinions.ss is special in every way,as im sure your well aware.you wont be dissapointed after a year away.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:48 AM »
As with tavernas everyone will have their own favourites. Our favourite is Bar 38 for the atmosphere and great cocktails, but not so keen on Silver Star.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »
For us its either 3W or Silver Star for pre-dinner drinks and Athens Bar for after dinner drinking.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »
Silver Star not so good last year (2013)? We were there in June though, so it may have improved later on.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 05:52:42 PM »
Bar 38, although the music was deafening last year (must be getting old!).  Also like sitting outside at Athens bar.  But yes, try them all as they can change from year to year!

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »
Athens Bar for us - listening to some live music.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »
Great thing about the village something for everyone's taste Tribute acts if you want or just a nice quiet drink or Spiros taxing your brain cells

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 01:36:42 AM »
One night last year the noise did get a bit daft. Seemed like a battle between Bar38, Thomas Bay and Condor on a couple of occasions.
Silver Star was dead when we were there.... never more than 5/6 in

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 03:10:51 AM »
Back afer 3 years away and although will enjoy chilling out with Glenn at Aquarius for a few nights I will enjoy being able to sample some live acts at Athens and Condor for a let my hair down night out!!!
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
Depending on who I'm with, and the time of day, for me it will be mostly Athens Bar & Kamini. However, I'm hoping to won over by some of the others, which tends to happen depending upon who's in there at the time. There's also Akrotiri on the ridge of course. So, no clear cut winner for me, and I'm looking forward to trying them all again.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »
Looking forward to trying Kamini Bar for the 1st time this summer

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 01:25:17 AM »
This is so personal. Even more than taverns I think. Kamini is so chilled and Michaeli and the boys just let you be. Great for an early evening or a late night drink. It's also probably the cheapest as a rule and measures are amazing. Glenn"s is where I always feel particularly safe (especially when I am on my own as I stay in as for many weeks without my partner. Glenn always makes me feel welcome and there are always people to chat to. Good music too which Glenn changes to suit the customers in at the time. Athens is great for live music and if I feel in need of a noisier fix. Except I don't like the footy on !!!!
I find bar 38 a little too young now and although decor is good I think the bar could be anywhere. Can't comment on silver star. I have never used it in 14 years in the village.
El greco is fine but again has footy sometimes which is great if you like footy I suppose !
I love to go up to the bars on.the headland for the amazing views and atmosphere.
For me 3 w is special because of Margarita. She is always so helpful and welcoming. It doesn't really have a DIP unless it's her I suppose. I go.there for coffee or a post beach beer or pre or after dinner drinks.

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2014, 12:08:41 PM »
Must admit don't know Kamini where is that?

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 03:32:48 PM »
Must admit don't know Kamini where is that?

Next Door to Nafsika heading towards the harbour. 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni