Author Topic: Boring  (Read 20442 times)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Boring
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:26:11 PM »
 Is it just me or is anyone else getting fed up with the seemingly never ending Word Association??

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Boring
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 06:39:01 PM »
Yeah, I'm with you on that one.  Ran its course. 

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »
 Do any of you look at the Arrilas forum? It's bright and colourful,the layout seems better,makes ours look dull.
 The strange thing is the people who go to Arrilas are as mad about the place as we are about San Stefanos,can't understand it. ???

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »
Can't say it's particularly bothering me in the grander scheme of things!

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:17:04 AM »
For me ...... its there if you want it, stay clear if its not your thing? I must admit its always a little bit disappointing when its the only post active.... not the fault of any followers of the thread, and no reason to see it end. Any ideas for other fun word games? What about a san stef novel ........with only 5 word contributions allowed each post? 

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:53:40 AM »
I like the visual simplicity of this forum. I think some of the others are a ghastly mess, frankly.

What's great about this forum is the variety of people and views, jokes and information. Great myths have been originated - Vlad the Black Dog - unfair distribution of Kumquat marmalade at Romanza - the lovely Ukrainian lesbians Natasha and Irina (sadly absent for a while) - history of the village - discussions about the dimensions of the beach - imperialist towel deployment. It goes on.

I think Agios Stephanos is about people, plus a nice beach. This - over the winter - keeps the people in touch, and, I think, keeps us interested in it. Otherwise we might go elsewhere.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:57:03 AM »
I agree with Jim. This site is visually simple and easy to get around and with just enough info and humour as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:42:27 AM »
The site isn't particularly sophisticated, but is easy to live with, and when you come back to it you know where everything is. It certainly has a charm and warmth, and is populated by enthusiastic and interesting people. It's a metaphor for the resort.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 12:03:02 PM »
I'm with Jim - I enjoy popping onto the forum every morning over my morning coffee and catch up with the posts and I don't go to word association but that's just my choice.  Over the years have made some lovely friends via here.  Its simple to use and easy on the eye.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:49:13 PM »
The forum system (Simple Machines) allows users to change their display theme. I suspect this is not enabled currently.

Maybe we could ask Dimitris to add some themes, so that those who want purple text on a yellow background using a Comic font can have it.

Word association is (IMHO) very boring. To be less boring, it would not permit the same word to be posted more than once. However, that's not possible in the forum setup. As far as I can see, it's not possible to opt out of a topic, which would be one answer.

Would you like an always-developing Ag Stef Saga - where people add paragraphs or chapters? We have had some great fun writing on the Myths Of Ag Stef in the past. I'm happy to kick it off in Yammas Bar if enough enough people think it's a good idea.  

THE SILLIAD

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 06:10:25 PM »
 Go for it Jim,bring a little excitement into our poor,dull lives while we wait for our holidays.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 06:37:12 AM »
Exciting - Boring - it is what it is to many folk - - - Still a great forum  - - not to be underestimated...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 06:07:51 PM »
Please,please, has someone got something interesting to say on the forum or do we have nothing to look forward to all Winter but the never ending and brain numbingly boring Word Association.
It doesn't have to be ground breaking interesting anything will do just to make a change the interminable columns of boring words.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
Start somthing then Dupnica..dont rely on other people all the time...

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 04:37:08 PM »
Start somthing then Dupnica..dont rely on other people all the time...

There's one, below the belt replies
nasty  :-\

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni