Author Topic: Trips from harbour 2014.  (Read 12203 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Trips from harbour 2014.
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
Little bit early I know,any info on boat trips which may be available from the local harbour this coming summer.Noticed last visit,that it was being dredged,and still was ongoing when we left.

If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Trips from harbour 2014.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 04:26:56 PM »
Dredging all finished so boat trips should be as normal from the harbour.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:23:07 PM »
Thanks Jules, can you help with destinations from the harbour please.We are relatively new to San Stef area,only been twice,and both times the harbour was closed.Booked for two visits this year,June and September,and looking forward so so much to both.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:11:20 PM »
I believe you can go to Paleokastritsa and to a couple of the nearby islands. To be honest I don't do boat trips myself (due to sea sickness) but others on here have hired boats and done there own thing as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »
Probably best to email Noula at info@san-stefanos.gr re boat trips mind you not sure anyone will have as yet programme for summer everything closed at least until May 2nd first arrivals but someone will be in the office to pick up emails.  Harbour a lot better at moment so boats will leave unless otherwise this summer from SS harbour.  Even the local ferry is presently leaving in the winter months Mondays and Fridays to the Diapontian Islands.  There has also been some talk on TV (but don't hold your breath) of a hydro/plane service although this would leave from Gouvia Marina not from SS.  So yes at the moment depending on schedules you should be able to do this forthcoming summer Paleo by boat or the Diapontian being Ericouusa, Othoni and Manthraki maybe not all in the same day but options available.  Also you can hire boats too, to pop around the coast that's a lovely day out again via Noula.

Then there are also water taxis privately run which can take groups to anywhere you like to go.......

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
We visited San Stef for the 1st time last year and have booked again for this year. We planned to go on a few boat trips last time and were disappointed that they could not depart from SS because of dredging. Hope we'll be able to go ahead with our plans this year!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 08:55:06 AM »
In the last 31 years we have done every boat trip except to Albania.

All very good and worth the experience...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 08:04:55 PM »
Christos used to do a BBQ trip to I think it was Othoni - that was quite a few years ago but maybe somebody else is now doing the same ! Once again Noula would know .

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
When I think about it the BBQ trip was quite a few years ago because we left from the old harbour and had to walk along the rickety plank of wood to reach the place where the boat was moored ! Quite an experience in itself !!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »
 Yes I remember it well Ioanna but the BBQ was on Mathraki.

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 11:00:56 PM »
I wasn't sure which island it was Dupnica but as I was with you at the time I do now recall that it was Mathraki ! Quite a fun and intoxicated trip as I remember !

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni