Author Topic: San Stefanos Tavernas  (Read 28601 times)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos Tavernas
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »
I think the chef at Fantasea was trained by the marvellous Theodora from Nafsika
His name is George and he is the son of Kostas who has sunbeds on the beach.I believe he did work at Nafsica and before that he worked as a chef on another Island,can't remember if it was Crete or Rhodes.

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 01:56:09 AM »
We stayed at the Perros last August (family of 4) on b&b basis,the food was tht good we ate there 6 nights out of 11.Apart from that my wife really enjoyed Yiannis Grill Stifado,our Son (16) and I enjoyed  the Barras mixed grill and our daughter loved the new Ice cream parlour up from Athens bar,and also the Rice at Perros.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 06:36:43 PM »
Barras is another I've never eaten at!!
Good to hear the Perros is good....... I've heard their currys are to die for

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »
We've stayed at the Barras and had no complaints about the food there, it did not have the wow factor but nor was it overly expensive. Given its location I'm surprised it is not busier. I wonder if any particular parts of the main village have more footfall than others? Some towns and nightspots have a sheep mentality with crowds moving in sub conscious waves,is San Stef the opposite of this?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 10:55:15 PM »
We ate at the Barras twice last year, both times I had the Kleftico and I rate it as good as any I have eaten. Excellent value overall aswell (€26 for 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 kids spag boll and drinks) My daughter absolutely demolished her meal which is a compliment in itself because she is a very fussy eater.

We'll be back to see George and co in August.

Offline teambunny

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 11:14:28 PM »
Another vote from us for the Night Owl in Afionas if you want somewhere different and have transport. in San Stef I think most of the tavernas are good it depends what you are in the mood for. We like Manthos for 'things on the spit', Yiannis Grill room, Waves (mainly at lunchtime) Little Prince for cheap and cheerful. I think people just have to try them all and decide.

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 12:17:20 AM »
Barras is another I've never eaten at!!
Good to hear the Perros is good....... I've heard their currys are to die for

With it being very warm in August we found the Barras nice and roomy,unlike the 2 Stars round the corner where we felt we had been squeezed in a bit,got a bit over heated but in fairness we had a meze starter at 2 Stars which would have made a good main meal,especially on a hot night.
I didnt have the Curry at the Perros but a lot of the regulars raved about it.I loved the Tomato Soup there of all things,lovely omlettes at breakfast too.Rosemary Chicken was my sons favourite and the rest of enjoyed the Kokkinisto and Stifado.

Kernowfox

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 12:38:22 AM »
Quite surprised by the scores so far. Would put Ozzie Oil and Yiannis Grill ahead of these. Maybe we were unlucky but the worst meal last summer was at Nafsica

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 12:40:09 AM »
Odd, isn't it. One of the worse meals we had was at Ozzie Oils!

Kernowfox

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 01:05:10 AM »
Yep and the not so great meal at Nafsica was moussaka, which was rather over engineered. Think they may have dropped the salt pot.....

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 02:20:39 AM »
Even stranger - Theodora's moussaka has to be the best in Ag Stef. Was it when she and Georgios were away in the USA?

Offline MrWilko2603

• SanStef Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »
Thank you everyone for the comments. Has anyone been to Dionysis?

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 04:54:13 PM »
I know it's popular, but I've never quite got Little Prince. My not to be missed are Fantasea, and Illias up in Avliotes. And then of course there's Manthos Taverna, keep an eye on that one this coming year.

Offline purpletigger

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »
My favourite taverna in San Stefanos is Yiannis (opposite Town Pizza). A little gem among lots of terrific tavernas in San Stef to be honest.  :)

Offline RedroseMax

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »
My favourite taverna in San Stefanos is Yiannis (opposite Town Pizza). A little gem among lots of terrific tavernas in San Stef to be honest.  :)

My Wife agrees with you there Tigger!
Was quite impressed myself,seemed decent lads working there too.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni