Author Topic: San Stefanos Tavernas  (Read 28604 times)

Offline MrWilko2603

• SanStef Lover
    • View Profile
San Stefanos Tavernas
« on: January 05, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »
Here is a poll, asking about the different tavernas in San Stefanos.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos Tavernas
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
I couldn't pick just one of these love Nafsica, Little Prince and Zorbas not eaten at Perros but my Daughter and her family are staying there in August so I am sure we will give it a try

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:45:53 PM »
As Di has said would recommend them and most of the others in San Stef as well as they all are good and offer something a little different.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 04:44:56 PM »
Nafsica,Little prince, and Zorbas all fared well in the 2013 spoilt for choice poll also. Didn't make it to SS last year but we will be keen to check out all three this summer, like dibully don't think we have been to Perros.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 05:53:33 PM »
We always eat in Nafsica.  Just love the whole experience.  We never eat until about 10pm so it is fairly quiet then and not so hot with the beautiful setting sun!  Fortunately, there is something for everyone as far as tavernas go.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 06:13:48 PM »
I love Zorbas, I like Nafsica and I dont mind Little Prince

Never done Perros but we'll be staying in July so will give it a bash

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »
We love Little Prince for the welcome and entertainment, but this year I'm determined to spread our culinary wings and try Nafsica and Zorbas, and if we get time, I'd like to try Beachcomber as well!

Offline carl nottingham

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 03:57:25 PM »
we love dining at the little prince especially the entertainment but our favourite place it fantasea their seafood is to die for!!!!!!!!!!
everyone should try their ouzo mussels

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »
I think the chef at Fantasea was trained by the marvellous Theodora from Nafsika

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 12:38:31 AM »
Got to say it depends on what mood I am in. Really enjoy Yiannis grill room, Nafsika, Ozzy Oils, Olympia, Tasty Corner if I just want a snack, Waves if I want fish and if I am in economy mode ...  2star. Will also eat at Zorbas and very rarely Little Prince, but never really disappointed anywhere. If I can get out to Afionas I love the nIght Owl. Amazing food and atmosphere.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 12:31:13 PM »
It's strange....... I really want to love the Little Prince...... After all the welcome is fantastic, the service is good, the dancing is brill. However we've had 3 very average meals in there!
I suppose they haven't cost the earth so not a problem and you can only go on your own experience. I know folk on here rave about it but I just haven't had that wow factor from the food...... I think there's too much on the menu!

That said, the overall experience is good, and we will be dining there again on a couple of our 21 nights we have in the village this forthcoming summer.

Fantasea was a real surprise last hols..... Ate there 3 times and loved the ambience, the service and the food. Try their Chicken a la creme...... Gorgeous. I love that part of the village and would love to have known it when it was busier down there

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »
Gav - I know what you mean. LP is always very busy, so pretty much a standardised menu. I'd recommend the moussaka, chicken souvlaki and kalamari.

Maybe there's a trade-off between vibrant atmosphere and hand-crafted food. But it's hard not to love LP. It's a great place to stay, and you're always going to meet people you know there. It's the village pub of Ag Stef.

My general rule of eating out in Ag Stef (or anywhere, for that matter) is "Does it have to be cooked NOW?" If it's in some cheesy pot, the answer is "No". This may be why people get such widely divergent views of tavernas: you may have a reheated stew and I may have a freshly-grilled fish; there's no real comparison, but reviews and judgements are built on this.

When people say, as they do, "I had a bad meal at xxxx" they should really say what it was. Seems to me that some people just want vast quantities to shovel down to swell their more than ample bellies.

After a few visits you should know how to let the place play to its strengths.   

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
I agree Jim. On my last visit to LP I had a chicken dish that was basically no more than a few lumps of chicken in a chicken and sweetcorn watery broth. Didnt really like it and left some of it. Don was there and he was aghast that I'd left something. He was with me a couple of nights earlier in Fantasea and I'd finished my main before he'd even picked is knife and fork up!!
Now I've never tried their famous sizzling steak which people rave about. Maybe I should give that a go?!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
Totally agree. We didn't even bother going in last year. Maybe they have got complacent as they are so busy? I'm not knocking the place - love the people and the atmosphere.
I've just remembered - last time we were there, once the dancing started a teenaged girl at the next table got up, stood right in front of me and started filming on her phone. She was most put out when I politely told her she was completely blocking my view!!
For the record, the kokinista at Fantasea is fantastic 

Gavlah1973

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 05:26:59 PM »
Love Kokkinisto...... Katy up at Romanza does a mean one!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni