Author Topic: Change of flight times - Thomson  (Read 24446 times)

Offline anniefuff

• View Profile
Re: Change of flight times - Thomson
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 03:36:37 PM »

Friends of ours flew with Germania to Greece this year and had nothing but praise for them .

They felt they were a lot better  than Thomsons and on board service much superior .

Offline Pally88

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »
we are flying with germania from Norwich in Aug  :D  .does anyone know if you can pre-book seats ?

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 06:55:39 PM »
@Pally...assume you are booked with Thomson, so you can book seats.See here for info;http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/extras/select-your-seat.html
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline catgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:57 PM »
We are having a long argument re deposit refund after our flight was changed from 6.00 to 14.25 which is a time we would never have booked due to late arrival at hotel. So far all Thomson's have offered  us is to waive the £50 admin fee to change holidays.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 08:10:11 PM »
Have just checked there terms and conditions and it does state 12 hours for flight time changes to get a refund (think I have read it right). As some are saying even 6 or 8 hours can be a major alteration especially if they move the flight to a later time . Maybe Thomsons should look at each individual case without any promise.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 03:24:37 PM »
You're right. They describe a change of flight time of up to 12 hours as not a major change.

I think that's excessive. Suppose one is dependent upon public transport: a 12 hour change could easily make it impossible to get there and back.

The Doncaster flights have now changed from 06:00 to 14:10/40 - which is a pain in the bum.

Add to that the new web-site. Absolutely dreadful. Beyond dreadful.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 03:36:28 PM »
I agree about the new website not to mention there advert on the television as well
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 05:37:10 PM »
Having just used the new website, I agree with Jimbo. It is poor to say the least.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 05:43:27 PM »
Not a very good site when previously you could see much more when making your choices

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »
So flight changes terms and conditions haven't changed then since I left many moons ago, a recent update going through though is flight delays which would mean a flight is not delayed unless its over 5 hours for compensation wise.  If I can find link will post.  Basically means you can't claim under new EC directives for airlines or even get a stale sandwich and a drink upto 5 hours......

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2014, 09:01:52 PM »
We are having a long argument re deposit refund after our flight was changed from 6.00 to 14.25 which is a time we would never have booked due to late arrival at hotel. So far all Thomson's have offered  us is to waive the £50 admin fee to change holidays.
I don't see the problem,our flight is at that time of the morning and I'd love it if they changed it to 14.25.You would have a good nights sleep
before you go and arrive in time to have a shower,unpack and go out for a meal,perfect.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »
I'm glad Jimbo mentioned the website - thought maybe just me - but it is terrible - totally offputting - can't be bothered.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2014, 01:17:42 AM »
The old site is still available. I'll post a direct link tomorrow. HolidayHypermarket.com has so far not been massacred.

Dupnica - I don't mind getting up early. I do mind hanging about for hours before leaving on the return flight. I also don't like driving home from the airport very late because you have to add two hours body clock fatigue because of the time change. Previous Doncaster flights have left between 06:00 and 08:45, which is fine; 14:40 is not great for us.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »
We much prefer to go early morning, as you miss traffic problems when traveling to airport in early hours of the morning.  Agree with you all about the Thomson website, can't see all your choices as before!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni