Author Topic: Topic to keep you warm this winter!!!  (Read 4132 times)

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Topic to keep you warm this winter!!!
« on: January 06, 2014, 03:37:00 AM »
No apology to all as I relay a post from another sit long past which will keep me(and hopefully all!!) going through the wind and rain of a typical English winter.....just read and enjoy this extract from a site some of us frequented and if you recognise your eloquent prose,I apologise for copying it!!!

I wake up looking at the terracotta rooftops on the hill behind the Nafsika. The smell of the blossom on the peach trees. The faint sound of Greek radio and clatter of plates and breakfast being cooked. Eating,chatting at breakfast, the heat of the sun building. The haze over the beach - Albania invisible. The beginnings of a heat filled day. The shimmer of the sea - striped in layers of beautiful blue to clear and light turquoise. The smell of the bakery drifting in the quiet and steaming hot pavements of the main street. The feel of the sand as you first clamber on, through those beautiful sand lilies and the wobble of the planks as you walk deep onto the beach. Wandering at the sea's edge by the Mango bar and the strains of music coming from the Havana Bar. The noise of the chicicadas as I stroll past the bottom of the path up to the Romanza. I look back on the village and see the beach curving around the shimmer of the sun on the sea, people look small, umbrellas line up in the distance. Ahead the islands wait. Boats bob around them. I stand still and savour the warmth, the beauty, the majesty of the cliffs and then delve into the sea. That wonderful warm and clear water. I float, on my back and look up to the Romanza perched and along to the Delfino Blu - buildings placed for the sunset. Life slows down, the sea is warm, the sun warms my face. I am free to enjoy the beauty of this simple village. It really isn't the expensive things that make you happy!

Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Topic to keep you warm this winter!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:58:29 AM »
Felt like I was almost there for a couple of minutes!!!!  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Topic to keep you warm this winter!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
Great words and very true.  You really dont require expensive luxuries whilst you have San Stef.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni