Author Topic: Change of flight times - Thomson  (Read 24539 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Change of flight times - Thomson
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:18:49 AM »
Hope everyone had good Christmas.  Does anyone know if we are able to cancel or change holiday booked with Thomsons as we have been informed today that our flight time to Coru has been changed by 5 hours and we would never have booked it if we had known.  Thomsons do say that they state in their brochure flight times are not guaranteed.  Any comments would be very welcome

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Change of flight times - Thomson
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »
Where are you flying from? We had an issue last year with another company when the flight DATES and departure airport were changed. We received a full refund, but it wrecked our plans!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »
They often change right up until the first flight - then they don't. That's the disadvantage of booking early.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
We are flying from East Midlands on 16th May and they have changed time by 8 hours which is really annoying as we would never have booked if we had known.  We booked online but are popping into Thomsons shop today to just see if there is any chance of refund or to change holiday.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
I can understand how you feel about this. There are flight times which we will avoid, and pay extra to do so.

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 07:24:07 PM »
It is one of those 'risks' when booking a package early.
My understanding is that flight time slots are not always 'sorted' when the holidays go on sale.
We suffered a flight time change when went to San Stef in 2010, with Ejet. Originally the flight out from Bristol was shown, at time of booking, as 6.30am, but a couple of months after booking, Ejet informed us the flight was moving back to 6 in the evening.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 07:43:02 PM »
That would really annoy me. I would not like the 18.00 flight time. On packages, I understand that we are charged extra for the more "acceptable" flight times?

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:22:37 AM »

We usually fly from Norwich at 4 10 pm with Thomson.    Next year departure is at 6 am with Germania , anyone ever heard of them?
Adventure before dementia

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »
German company, you will get info. shortly I am sure! 06.00 departure is good, and you should be in SS by lunchtime. This is our preferred departure time, usually with a midday return which suits us.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

Suits us as well Rover ,  about 12 hours earlier arrival and 8 hours later departure 
Adventure before dementia

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »
It's a long time since I left Tour Ops but I would suggest to get a copy of the brochure under terms and conditions there is a section called changes by us this will then tell you what is in their opinion acceptable change to flights which when you book you actually agree to..... I do believe its over 12 hours for insurance purposes but I expect each have their own terms and conditions which your Travel Agent should be able to clarify for you.

Then you can also check under EC directives as there are other terms and conditions on there under European Law as to which constitutes a time change or a cancelled flight.

Hope that helps, Lesley ???

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »
We usually fly from Norwich at 4 10 pm with Thomson.    Next year departure is at 6 am with Germania , anyone ever heard of them?

I knew the flight time had changed but didn't realise it was no longer Thomson airlines (we are giving SS a miss next year but will defo be back in 2015) that's a shame.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 01:37:54 AM »
Thomsons have allowed us to change our holiday free of any admin charges as the flight time was changed by 8 hours.  Normally we would probably have just put up with the change in flight time but as we will be away from home the night before we wouldn't have been able to get to airport for 4.00 am.  Have booked for Rhodes now instead but hopefully will be returning to San Stefanos in September.

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 05:27:14 AM »
We have had the same flight change, instead of departing E Mids at 1400 its now 0600. It suits us much better though as we live near the airport and getting in to San Stef about 1300 instead of late evening. Its a flight time we usually do from Bham, but booked East Mids this year with what were later flights because the cost was quite a bit lower than bham. Also means on return we get up, have breakfast and leave, none of that hanging around all day when you have packed.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »
The Norwich flight times were published at 0600 in brochures and not a sudden change. Researching Germania shows that they are rather well regarded.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni