Author Topic: EasyJet 2014  (Read 21926 times)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: EasyJet 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
If easyJet prices drop after you've purchased them there is a "price promise" whereby they will refund the difference with a voucher against future flights

Article 26 Price Promise

26.1 If You have, or the Booker on Your behalf has, made a Booking directly through the Website and You, or the Booker, subsequently find that lower fares (when taken together with all applicable fees and charges) for the same easyJet Flight have become available, You will be refunded the difference as a credit voucher against future Flights on easyJet. The only exception to this “price promise” is if the lower fares have been offered as part of a promotional offer that is launched after You have purchased the Flight. For the avoidance of doubt, this Article 26 will not apply to any Booking made on Your behalf by any licensed third party booking systems (e.g.: travel agents, screen scrapers) or through easyJet’s Call Centre.

Offline middy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 05:33:36 PM »
Hi Waspman. The easyjet price promise is ok in theory but the discount on future flights has to be used within six months. Our £51 discount code expired three weeks ago and next years flights went on sale yesterday. Oh well!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 07:01:28 PM »
The prices for flights during the summer holidays from manchester are ridiculous imo. Seriously considering holidaying in the UK next year for the first time in ages.  :-\

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
It makes you wonder if the airlines have increased their prices to cover any claims made against them for flight delays of over 3 hours.
 Just a thought!!!

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 01:52:57 PM »
I'm going to book around April time again - we got really good prices for August booking in April last year with Monarch from Gatwick (£245) and I am going to hold out again and monitor from January, if they go down to that sort of price earlier than April, then I will book.

Last year whilst in Corfu (5-19 August) I was looking for a flight out on 12th August for a week for my sisters boyfriend and I could get it for £162!!!

I am sitting tight and waiting. :-X

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
Hi Waspman. The easyjet price promise is ok in theory but the discount on future flights has to be used within six months. Our £51 discount code expired three weeks ago and next years flights went on sale yesterday. Oh well!

Funny that! Anyone would think they know that when they choose to release the flights...  ;)

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 02:18:16 AM »
You don't need to be a genius to understand that it's a matter of supply and demand,and with Thomas Cook using Easyjet for many of their holidays,the end result is that there are far less seats available for us flight only passengers.Could be that the days of really cheap flights booked well in advance have gone forever (Ryanair maybe an exception,but their flights don,t really fit with the  general Monday and Friday booking requirement) and we have to bite the bullet.Stiil it seems cheap to me that you can fly to Corfu from England for £300,whilst a taxi from Kidderminster to Luton is £140.
      The good news however,is that Easyjet are to allow smoking on May 1st.

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 02:36:00 AM »
You don't need to be a genius to understand that it's a matter of supply and demand,and with Thomas Cook using Easyjet for many of their holidays,the end result is that there are far less seats available for us flight only passengers.Could be that the days of really cheap flights booked well in advance have gone forever (Ryanair maybe an exception,but their flights don,t really fit with the  general Monday and Friday booking requirement) and we have to bite the bullet.Stiil it seems cheap to me that you can fly to Corfu from England for £300,whilst a taxi from Kidderminster to Luton is £140.
      The good news however,is that Easyjet are to allow smoking on May 1st.

Yes, the Thomas Cook 'partnership' with Ejet is a factor, esp at the regionals. Seeing that from BTL on a number of Med/Canaries destinations. Plus, BTL airport is facing capacity issues on the more popular flight routes with people from S Wales having to use BTL because Cardiff airport is in crisis.
But like i said in an earlier post £300 is double what we paid in 2010 to fly Ejet from BTL to Corfu.

As for smoking from May 1st i doubt that v much, as i think it's banned out of the EU, so that's not true.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 04:02:58 AM »
If Easyjet allow smoking on their flights to Corfu at any time before 2020 I will personally pay for all of your flights, including baggage!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 07:23:21 PM »
 When oh when are Easyjet going to release the return flights from Corfu for late September 2014?? We booked the outgoing flights months ago but,
 although I check regularly the return flights are still unavailable.I wonder why!!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 11:34:49 PM »
When oh when are Easyjet going to release the return flights from Corfu for late September 2014?? We booked the outgoing flights months ago but,
 although I check regularly the return flights are still unavailable.I wonder why!!

the delay is sometimes due to them a/w the air traffic control slots.
i got impatient and booked my Bristol to Faro flights ( plus the return) the other day - ideally i wanted to return on Mon 15 Sept but instead am coming back on ths Sunday 14th.

By booking the outgoing flight and waiting for the return dont you end up paying 2 lots of baggage costs?

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 07:38:39 PM »
the delay is sometimes due to them a/w the air traffic control slots.
i got impatient and booked my Bristol to Faro flights ( plus the return) the other day - ideally i wanted to return on Mon 15 Sept but instead am coming back on ths Sunday 14th.

By booking the outgoing flight and waiting for the return dont you end up paying 2 lots of baggage costs?
Baggage costs £20 one way and £34 return so only £6 difference and you probably save more than that by booking early.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
Baggage costs £20 one way and £34 return so only £6 difference and you probably save more than that by booking early.
My mistake costs £17 one way in September but £20 one way in June!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni