Author Topic: EasyJet 2014  (Read 21992 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
EasyJet 2014
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
For information as know some where awaiting their email and text alerts - Easyjet have now p 8) posted their flights from June through to September for summer 2014......

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: EasyJet 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:02:56 PM »
Yep, just booked

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 02:53:15 PM »
Booked ours for going out 6th Sept just need to book our return as they were only up
till 13th

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:44:18 PM »
Flight prices seem very cheap but the flight times from Manchester put us off, we wouldn't arrive in resort until turned midnight and flight home not until 2330 hours so willing to pay extra for better flight times, would have been great if flight times were better.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 04:04:16 PM »
Yes Lilly the Man flights have always been a later time also check out Saturday times as not always all the same time?  At least they are out now as I know from friends and family they have been awaiting the posting in order to book. Only upto 14th September at mo though

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 04:32:51 PM »
Just had a look and Gatwick to Corfu going 18 aug and coming back 1 Sept is not competitive at all - still over £300 each - I paid £245 last year with Monarch and didnt even book until April for an August flight.

Will wait and see!

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
More expensive than I had hoped for but saved £hundreds (almost £700!) over Thomson!
Can relax and pay Noula what we owe her now we are booked!
Phew!!!!!

Offline middy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
Thanks for the info Lesley. Booked 14th to 28th July from Manchester. Flights went up by £40 while we hesitated but still good price of £368 for the two of us including luggage.

Offline fanntosseas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 06:01:22 PM »
 :D thanks for the heads up on this lesley. booked for june/july about 10£ more than last year.yahoo

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 11:38:58 PM »
Booked 0900 this morning Easyjet from Bristol out on 18th July back 8 Aug.  With two cases £648.  Just had a look at 1700 and the same flight was £376 more for the two of us! That is inflation!  Even the luggage went up from £28 to £37/bag.  How do they manage that?  There are 15 in our party altogether and many of us go every year.  Some are saying that it is just getting too much and Low Cost is no longer what it says.  Have we been hoodwinked in getting in on the first day?

If these prices are a true picture of travel from a regional airport, it is not great news for the village.  However, we shall just have to enjoy 2014.

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 11:49:51 PM »
Kernock.....we'll just be starting as you're finishing! We go August 8-29, also from Bristol.
Times are rubbish compared to Exeter, but the difference in price makes it a no brainer!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 12:00:39 AM »
Re easyjet - been flying with them from BTL for around 12 years now and it's pretty obvious their business model is changing.
This v quick ramping up of flight prices on 'day one' is getting more and more prominent.
We are frequent visitors to the Algarve - if i dont get a flight in first few hours of release, prices really ramp up within next few hours.
I cant book at mo due to my wife needing clearance from her work - i've never known easyjet flights to go so high so quickly on 'day one' since we've been using them.
The days of cheap flights, from their regional bases, are gone imo.
I'm actually finding it quite depressing.
I think any recession in travel overseas is well and truly over.

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 12:49:16 AM »
I didn't get the email saying they were up for grabs until lunchtime. The law of s*d dictated that today was the first day I didn't check earlier in the day.
Therefore I am pretty damned sure that we didn't get the cheapest flights we could have...particularly on the return leg, however I am consoling myself with the thought that we have still saved a great deal compared to our other options, money which can now be spent in the village I guess or at least pay for the independent accommodation we have booked.
Definitely worth it, even with an overnight hotel on the way back.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:56 AM »
It's scary!! The prices leap at an alarming rate even while you're looking at them,makes you wonder if it's a big con trick and prices will drop when the
"panic"buying slows down.That said we bit the bullet and booked flights for June.Will be interesting to see if prices do go down .

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 01:17:02 AM »
It's scary!! The prices leap at an alarming rate even while you're looking at them,makes you wonder if it's a big con trick and prices will drop when the
"panic"buying slows down.That said we bit the bullet and booked flights for June.Will be interesting to see if prices do go down .

Well i've just had a look at BTL to Corfu flights in late June/earlyJuly. Nearly £300 return!
In June 2010 we paid £150 return each.
So they've doubled in price in 4 years. Wow!
One reason we wont be in San Stef next year - we were planning to return after a 4 year absence.

I suspect the prices will fall again from next week.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni