Author Topic: Too hot in August?  (Read 6880 times)

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Too hot in August?
« on: September 26, 2013, 12:49:44 PM »
Hi, we're heading back for our 3rd visit next May in half-term week. Now that our son is school age, we're restricted to school holidays - best not to talk about the 'taking children out of school' debate!  We chose May half term as we think the August temperatures will be too hot for us.  Are we being over-cautious?

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Too hot in August?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »
I've taken my daughter in August since she was 6, we've always been fine as long as there's available shade somewhere for her.  We quite like the heat though so I guess it's personal preference.  It gets up to around 40c on a really hot day I think. 

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
Like you, we have also avoided the main summer holidays and instead had 2 weeks in May/June holidays. The only trouble with that is, like this year, the weather was hit n miss. Also by the time August rolls around we are ready for another holiday!

We are going to risk it next year and go in August, I just hope it's not TOO hot and unbearable for the little one.

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »
Hi D&G, that's my main concern about going in late May; I'm sure it'll be very nice, but perhaps not sunny every day - and you're spot on, we'll be spending the rest of the summer longing to be there!  I guess we need to balance that versus being near to 40 degrees and not being able to go out in it!

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:07:39 PM »
I've been to SS in all the summer months and May can be really nice and its not too hot.

This year we went for the middle two weeks of August with my 3year old son and he was absolutely fine, even when the temperature hit the late thirties.

I think that as long as you are sensible and reapply the factor 50 a few times a day and make sure they have some time out in the shade from time to time you should be fine.

My little man absolutely loved it :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 02:58:23 AM »
Usually always a breeze onto the beach - -never been a problem..
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 01:08:13 AM »
Thanks Tony, I think we'll give it a try when he's a bit bigger, plenty of time for that, we intend to keep coming back.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni