Author Topic: Can't wait to go back!!  (Read 11715 times)

Offline Tomanchez

• View Profile
Can't wait to go back!!
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:37:29 PM »
We have just returned from 11 days in San Stefanos and can honestly say its the best holiday we have ever had. We stayed in the Tereza and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing was too much trouble and the main reason for this post was to thank the people of SS for making us feel so welcome, from the owners and staff at Terezas to passers by on the street including other holiday makers. Everybody was so chilled and relaxed we have never felt so stress free. I can't say a bad word about our holiday, we ate out most nights, we went to Ozzy Oil, Yiannis, 2Star, Zorbas, Beachcombers and had a few meals in our hotel, we wanted to share the business around as much as we could! Tasty Corner was a delight, just right for a mid afternoon snack, Kostas made us feel very welcome. We arrived home on saturday, checked the internet and Terezas only had one room available for the same time next year.....2 hours later we were sat in the Travel agents. Booked!! So roll on next year! Thank you San Stefanos!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Can't wait to go back!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 05:59:06 PM »
That's the magic! Relax, relax, relax!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Tomanchez glad you enjoyed the village :)

Offline Tomanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
Thank you Dibully. We visited on the recommendation of some friends who have visited SS for the last 5 years in a row. We never expected to fall in love with it like we have done. We rarely go to the same place twice, there are so many beautiful places in the world. However we would be forever comparing SS to anywhere we went and I don't believe anywhere else could touch it. We made so many new friends and witnessed holiday makers being greeted by the locals like they were family. On the day we left I called into 2Stars and bought a couple of the T shirts the staff wear, one for each of us. The lady put them in a bag along with a complimentary bottle of red wine! Very generous and very nice wine! We drank it when we got home. Everywhere we went we experienced such kindness and generosity. Shane from Zest for life pulled up and offered us a lift up the hill to Terezas to save our legs.....wouldn't happen back here! Looking forward to going back and meeting people all over again and making more new friends  ;D ;D ;D

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
That's it I'm afraid, now you are infected, like the rest of us!

No known cure by the way, you can only soothe the symptoms by returning.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 08:21:35 PM »
Sitting here now looking at the beach and wondering why I only booked 2weeks yet again.
I did exactly what you did Tomanchez...... just it all started 30 years ago....
Welcome to the forum from us as well... Tony and Linda
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Tomanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »
Thank you everybody. In about 30 minutes I will be viewing the web cam in Arillas watching the sunset over the sea and the bench on the little pier we were sat on this time last week  ;)

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 08:40:40 PM »
Glad you had a good time.I was looking today to see if we could squeeze a week next week.Ryanair was 49euro to fly out, but 229 to return .we wont be bothering, pity.still next year to look forward to

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 08:54:35 PM »
Glad you enjoyed San Stef and the Tereza as much as we have for the last 13 years. Been back a week and a half and counting the days down to next year already. What dates have you booked for next year?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Tomanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
We arrive mon the 8th of sept Jules and leave the following week on the friday. Wish it was 2 weeks really but this way its easier for work. There looked some lovely places to stay but you can't beat Terezas for the sunset!

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »
Nice post. Glad you enjoyed your holiday and good on yer for booking next year!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 11:38:22 PM »
We arrive 29th for 2 weeks so will see you there.  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 12:05:26 AM »
We arrive mon the 8th of sept Jules and leave the following week on the friday. Wish it was 2 weeks really but this way its easier for work. There looked some lovely places to stay but you can't beat Terezas for the sunset!

Yes you can, try The Romanza

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it - been going since I was 8 years old so the place feels like a part of me and going every summer, I pretty much grew up with the local kids.

I was actually mortified whilst there a few weeks ago that my mother took great delight in reminding Leo (Tereza) of our 'romance' when I was 15.........er no mom - we were meant to go out on a date and I got a mosquito bite on my lip whilst getting ready and my lower face swelled like a balloon so the date never happened and we decided to stay mates! :)

Don't know who was more mortified, Leo, me or my husband sitting next to me!!!  >:(

We go back 18 Aug next year so will miss you but brilliant that you loved so much to rebook for next year - that's it now.......addicted!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni