Author Topic: ANY CHANCE OF FINDING ACCOMMODATION UPON ARRIVAL  (Read 7149 times)

Offline HappyTravels

• View Profile
ANY CHANCE OF FINDING ACCOMMODATION UPON ARRIVAL
« on: October 17, 2013, 06:19:35 PM »
Hi All - I have just returned from a holiday in Parga where I noticed that lots of apartments/hotels/village rooms, etc had "room available" signs outside their respective properties.  I am considering surprising my mum and dad who will be holidaying in San Stef next year and was wondering if I were to just book my flights to Corfu, then make my way to San Stef by taxi, if I would be able to find a room on arrival. I am not looking for much just a room (just for me) with a bathroom (no pool or sea view required) just near enough to the centre. 

I am planning this surprise for 5th July - 12th July. 

Many thanks in advance
Jacqueline

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: ANY CHANCE OF FINDING ACCOMMODATION UPON ARRIVAL
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 09:50:23 PM »
There is certainly lots of places to stay but how many will have rooms to let I don't know . Reading other boards on the forum I would imagine you would be ok but could you not try to get somewhere sorted before your arrival even if it is only a few days beforehand? You would still surprise your parents. When I go I have never seen any properties with to let outside them
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
The place directly next door to the Vicky had a board outside in August saying they had rooms to let.
I think it's called Spiros and Maria, some folks with late flights were taking rooms just for a few hours.

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:29:27 PM »
I have noticed a sign outside the Barras saying rooms to let, but not sure if they are in the Barras or not. The Olga which is near The Vickys is only 35 euros per room, why not book before you go. Save any stress looking for somewhere when you get there.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 01:19:29 AM »
Why not talk to Lesley? Knows everything and everybody and sorts things out for independent travellers.

http://www.corfuselections.com

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »
Nothing is guaranteed but I'd say at that time of year there will be plenty of places with rooms available.

I'd try Perros (or Jasmine next door) first and be very confident they'd have availability.

Why not book though to save any uncertainty?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 12:23:39 PM »
Next door to Vicky's is Hotel Spiros & Maria as mentioned above (used to be called Villa Maria) and they do have 2 studios they rent out locally.  You can see more info on their website link which is www.sanstefanosapartments.com Yes you might find something available but in the central area you would be limited as a lot of the accommodation is on contract with the Tour Operators so I would say book before you come to be certain rather than having to walk around resort finding something. Also taxis are a better price when prebooking them or you could do a resort transfer on one for the Hoppa Services advertised or email to Noula at San Stefanos Travel to see if you could do a shared minibus or taxi with someone arriving on same flight.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni