Author Topic: Little Prince.  (Read 16646 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Little Prince.
« on: September 14, 2013, 10:43:27 AM »
I am surprised this restaurant does not top this section of the forum.We have been twice this year to San Stefanos,and every evening we pass by this place,it is chock a block with folks enjoying their dinner.We ate here 4 times this week,and on one evening,people were turning away due to there being no tables.We counted them,and the restaurant has 40 tables.It barely rates a mention on TA too.The food is top quality,and well presented,and the menu is huge.We also dined at Waves,Fantasea,Two Stars,and Tasty Corner,none off them nearly as busy.Definately go back to Fantasea again,food was cooked to perfection,and what a delightful fella Kostas is.Roll on June 2014.

If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Little Prince.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:10:53 AM »
Little Prince is without doubt a very good restaurant, & we will eat there several times, but it's hard to reach perfection when the kitchen is so busy.

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »
We love the ambience of the LP. Service is great, and the dancing is good fun. I'd probably only give it a score of 6/10 for the food.
Went twice during the last hol..... First time the Saganaki starter was swimming in oil but the main was nice, second time the starter I had was ok but the chicken dish was barely edible. Cooked ok but in a very watery sauce.
We will return next year but won't probably expect the best food in the village

Offline gaynor

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 08:00:37 PM »
Have to say having just returned from SS after an 11 day stay we noticed that the Little Prince was rammed every night, unlike some other restaurants so they must be doing something right, cant believe its only the dancing that people go back for.
We had one meal there and it was lovely, thoroughly enjoyed it and the service.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 08:48:48 PM »
Maybe it's better when it's busy Gaynor? It was very quiet (as we're a lot of places) in June/July.
On the busiest night there were still about 7/8 tables free during the duration of our visit.
When I used to walk the little one through the village to Aquarious for a lunchtime pint ( for me not him) there was never upwards of 2/3 tables taken.
I don't mind the food and its not enough to put me off the whole experience but I do think their menus way too big.

Offline nursejoanne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:15 PM »
have nothing but the highest praise for the LP.have the best cooked breakfast every day of my 2wk stay and have done for last 11 years and have no intention of changing. celebrated a dear friends 60th birthday at the LP in june and had an amazing night.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 11:41:35 PM »
Our favourite breakfast is at Little Prince as well. Love the evening meals as well. Roys favourite is Sizzling Steak. The staff are also very friendly and attentive.  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 11:51:51 PM »
I agree nursejoanne. Love the Little Prince and the breakfasts are so hard to beat!!

Sometimes when the restaurant is busy the kitchen staff can be under stress to get food out, which can mean some people may feel the quality of the food is not so good.

I can have fantastic meals here in England but there is no ambiance. That's how I feel about a lot of places in SS - the food is great but you could be eating anywhere! You eat your meal then go - how boring is that?

I'm not for eating my meal then going to a bar, I love to sit with a carafe of wine and chill, listening to the greek music in the background after my meal, then maybe go to the (Athens) Bar for a drink in the early hours  ;D

When I go out for a meal I want to enjoy the whole experience and the food itself can sometimes be secondary to the atmosphere etc. of the establishment.

The Little Prince can sometimes have it's off days - as all places can, but to me it's the best place to chill, enjoy greek company/music/food and dance and you just can't beat it!!

To me it's the best Taverna in SS!!!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:55:31 AM by Gillywoo »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »
Agree with most of that!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 01:52:17 AM »
I try sometimes to populate Ag Stef with Greek gods, goddesses, heroes and heroines. It is sensitive thing, best not revealed. Each taverna is its own little Mount Olympus.

At Little Prince, Dimitris is obviously Zeus, his commanding presence with his powerful order-pad poised. Pipinna has to be Athena - beautiful, intelligent, an ironic smile as she raises her eyebrow at an overfull-ashtray or yet another jug of krassi. Mixalis (Mike) is Hermes, dashing through the tables with the sizzling steak in a miasma of steam.

At Nafsika there are no visible gods, but you can eat under the guidance of Socrates, and buy Kleopatra a drink.

At Mistral, Aphrodite will serve you.

At O Manthos, Poseidon  will tell you very long stories.

Such is the joy. We go from our dismal northern regions and kiss the feet of the gods. We dare to dip our toes in the blue ocean which saw the ships sail forth to Troy. We bask in the rays of the sun that shone on Odysseus, Agamemnon and Theseus. We sit in the Condor Bar and listen to people singing strange ancient modes. We are transported to a realm above our mundane lives.

EDIT: From Thomson.com to Jimbo: "Thank you for your brochure suggestion. Unfortunately, our marketing team has decided to stick with the beach and 'only two rooms left' policy. If you are having problems with Greek gods, our reps are always available to help." 

Gavlah1973

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 01:55:36 AM »
No mention of the Delfino?!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 02:00:40 AM »
Never been there. Tried to look at the pool once but was told to piss off. Fantastic PR.

Alexander The Great took over most of the then-known world, and as Kostas appears to be trying to take over most of the beach-bed kingdom I will think of him as that.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
OMG Jimbo - you really crack me up.

Bloody priceless  ;D

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
I try sometimes to populate Ag Stef with Greek gods, goddesses, heroes and heroines. It is sensitive thing, best not revealed. Each taverna is its own little Mount Olympus.

At Little Prince, Dimitris is obviously Zeus, his commanding presence with his powerful order-pad poised. Pipinna has to be Athena - beautiful, intelligent, an ironic smile as she raises her eyebrow at an overfull-ashtray or yet another jug of krassi. Mixalis (Mike) is Hermes, dashing through the tables with the sizzling steak in a miasma of steam.

At Nafsika there are no visible gods, but you can eat under the guidance of Socrates, and buy Kleopatra a drink.

At Mistral, Aphrodite will serve you.

At O Manthos, Poseidon  will tell you very long stories.

Such is the joy. We go from our dismal northern regions and kiss the feet of the gods. We dare to dip our toes in the blue ocean which saw the ships sail forth to Troy. We bask in the rays of the sun that shone on Odysseus, Agamemnon and Theseus. We sit in the Condor Bar and listen to people singing strange ancient modes. We are transported to a realm above our mundane lives.

EDIT: From Thomson.com to Jimbo: "Thank you for your brochure suggestion. Unfortunately, our marketing team has decided to stick with the beach and 'only two rooms left' policy. If you are having problems with Greek gods, our reps are always available to help." 

Pure genius Jimbo  8)
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »
I want some of what Jimbo's drinking  ;D

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni