Author Topic: Little Prince?  (Read 12605 times)

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Little Prince?
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
Apologies as I know it has probably been posted before, but are the Little Prince studios large enough for 2 adults and a 2 year old?
We need somewhere near Margarita's for family next August and cost/lack of reasonable flights are making it very difficult to justify all going independently.
It looks like Thomson is our only choice and we need accommodation for 4 adults and a child in total.
I know there is a lift there which is also a bonus as my husband (with scooter) can access them, just a bit concerned the family might feel a bit squashed in a studio.
Thanks for your thoughts/ opinions.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Little Prince?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »
The studios at Little Prince are VERY big. I mean, REALLY big.

I'll take some shots when we're in one in less than three weeks' time, if you like. I would guess they are about 35' by 20' not including the bathroom. (But that's just a guess!)

I don't think you'd feel cramped with a small child at all. Email info@thelittleprince.gr and ask Dimitris for the dimensions.

The lift is switched off at night for safety reasons, but I'm sure they have overrides if you are a bit late!

You might want to think about a 2 bedroom apartment at LP. They are also very big.

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Thanks Jimbo, appreciate the speedy reply!
We have the Blu Rose suite at Margarita's booked for us again, but weren't quick enough to secure other suites with Noula for two of our daughters who have decided they would like to come with us.
We have checked flight only options with Thomsons and initially planned to book other independent options, but prices are just ridiculous from little old Exeter and therefore we are having to look at packages.
The only option showing on the Thomson website is 2x studios so thought I'd check here rather than believe what Thomson might say!
Thanks again
Helen

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 01:14:59 AM »
Ooh, another question....does the lift give access to the pool area?
Thanks in advance!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
Yes. But you will almost certainly be on the first floor - which is where the pool is, so the lift will not be needed.

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 01:46:47 AM »
Thanks again....just needed to make sure that we could access the pool area with husband's scooter when we visit family who will be staying there.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 01:50:32 AM »
That will absolutely not be a problem. LP has ramps at the front, and the lift opens very close to the pool on level 1.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 10:49:33 PM »
Just back tonight from a week a the Little Prince.We had a studio,and as Jimbo says, they are huge,two single beds and a settee / couch type bed for a third person.There are two apartments,one at either end of the first floor,we had one in June,and both have larger balconies.The staff there are the most helpful people you could wish to meet,you will have no worries with any help you may require.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »
Thank you for your help.....we have booked two studios for the girls and I'm sure they'll be fine. We just need to get our own flights sorted so we can go for the three weeks we have booked by the beach.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 07:21:22 AM »
Jim is now a Little Prince expert, and knows his stuff - - our friends are staying there from friday, so we will be eating there that evening....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 10:01:48 PM »
A belated happy new year people!
Dimitri has replied to an email I sent re room allocation for August. He says to email him two weeks prior to arrival to request the type of views we would like.....he will then try and make sure we have the type we request (though obviously I realise this is dependent on other guests arrivals and departures).
My question to all you Little Prince fans is......would you ask for a sea/road view room or go for a pool view and why?
The girls will have two studios, so are any better than others and are there any to be avoided?
Most of the reviews are really good but would like to avoid any obvious banana skins.
Thanks in advance!

My new year's resolution was to live more in the moment and not to wish the days away! Inevitably thoughts have turned to the summer of 2014 however and I seem to have failed already!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 12:46:51 AM »
Time was the only rooms at LP for Thomson UK were the strip above the taverna (101-109) but I think they may now be using some of the others, which were previously the territory of the Finns and Eastern Europeans. The "front" rooms are very large. I don't know about the others. I'm sure Dimitris and Michalis can advise.

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 01:00:33 AM »
Thanks Jim
Thought it was worth asking on the forum as he just said to let him know which they would prefer two weeks in advance. We didn't know whether road/sea or pool would be best or if it really made much of a difference. Guess it might come down to their preference.
Thanks again
Helen

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 02:27:14 AM »
Helen - They're usually pretty tied down by Thomson until 6 days before. I would really try to discuss the options with Dimitris and Michalis beforehand.

You may have to wait for reply. Dimitris is not always very swift to read emails. Bless.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni