Author Topic: Rose Garden  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Rose Garden
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:41:07 PM »

Hi everyone.  The wife and I returned form the Algarve last thursday and one of the first things I did was book the Rose Garden for next June.  All I did was moan in the (lovely) resort of Lagos.  I compared EVERYTHING to San Stef, until towards the end of our holiday even I was getting sick of my whinging.

Dont get me wrong, the resort was nice as was the hotel but it just wasn't errrrrr well San Stef really.  The traffic alone outside our hotel left me gob smacked.  Traffic I ask you!  And the resort was absolutely jumping.  Every restaurant was more or less full.  There were people all over the place, some walking towards you others away from you, some people even traversing across you.  What's that all about?  A lot of tourists AND locals were queuing outside their favourite restaurant!  Can you believe that?  Well the wife was just telling me to shut up all the time.  I was like Victor Meldrew.  "You dont see that in San Stef", "not as good as San Stef though".  You get the picture.

Well no more I tell you (and the wife).  San Stef, I apologise for being unfaithful.  It was only the once, please forgive me.  Rose Garden here I come (for some peace and quiet hopefully).   :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Garden
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 10:18:50 PM »
Rod - That's the trouble with infidelity. It's great for a while exploring the nooks and crannies, but then the doubts set in.

I think you've put your finger (if you'll excuse the metaphor) on part of the charm of San Stef: it's a relaxed and comfortable cuddly marriage rather than a super-charged momentary fling.

The village will forgive you. We will all forgive you. A helpful penance is to put a ten Euro note in an envelope and send it to Little Prince with a card saying "Red wine for Jimbo."

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
Jimbo - you ARE a funny man! :P

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »

Nice one Jimbo.  You are so right.  I would like to buy you that wine some day.   :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni