Author Topic: Tereza Hotel  (Read 10564 times)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Tereza Hotel
« on: September 01, 2013, 11:57:35 PM »
Half board or not half board?  That is the question I am asking from all you experienced followers of Tereza - never been - but am being tempted to try the 'other side' of Ag Stef.  Not the old village - would like a different perspective and really fancy Tereza's - any info and help gratefully received.  Thank you!

Gavlah1973

Re: Tereza Hotel
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 12:30:27 AM »
Personally hb isn't for me. Just too many nice eateries to choose from and nice people to chat to

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 12:49:24 AM »
I know what you mean....... was curious what the food was like?

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:51:13 PM »
We stayed there this year just on bed and breakfast - the breakfasts were really good (my other half had a sausage sarni about every day and he is funny about what sausages he eats!!).   We only had lunch there a couple of times and that was good but we did speak to people on half board and they were pleased with the food but they didnt have a great choice as the half board menu was a different menu from the main menu. 

We just ate out every night at different places and I think you miss this is you are half board.  You could always just "stay in" on a night if you didnt want to eat out. 

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 05:16:11 PM »
Thank you.  We usually self cater and love trying places - probably have tried them all and have our favourites.  Last year we had a bit of a change and self catered first week and then moved into the Nafsika and their half board for the second week. A good compromise.  Our very first trip to Ag Stef (12 years ago) we stayed for two weeks at the Nafsika - the only problem was we loved the food there so much we didn't try anywhere else.

Was really just wondering what the food was like at Tereza - LOVE LOVE the old village and staying at Fedra Mare or Christinas but am thinking of a change (and a different perspective and view of the beach) and wanted others true opinion of Terezas.  Have a few days booked at Delfino next year (been given as a gift) and Tereza is not too far away.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 11:15:55 AM »
We only do the bed and breakfast but each holiday we eat at Teresa and the food has ways been great and plenty of it. The half board menu only has a limited choice but if on a budget would be ok. We prefer to eat out in the village as it does make you get out and about. Lunch here is good as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 04:08:12 PM »
The first time we went to San Stefanos we stayed half board and we felt that we missed out on so much not being able to eat at all the different restaurants.   I know that you are not tied to the hotel when on half board and you can still eat out - but when you have already technically paid for your meal would you want to pay again?

I think if you are bed and breakfast you can always eat in the hotel if that is what you want to do on any particular day!

Offline Les Shark Boy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 03:52:29 PM »
We stayed B&B which we were very happy with, but after talking to a couple who stayed half-board it seemed like they got a better room at the top of the front block of apartments. Apparently they have open beams and generally nicer.
We absolutely loved Terezas and are hoping to go back next year, our room was fine and at the end of the day you only sleep and shower there.
Enjoy!  ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 09:49:38 PM »
Les the rooms at the top are family rooms so not normally for a couple.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Tomanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »
We have just returned from Terezas on a bed and breakfast basis, but we did have 3 evening meals there during our stay. The price of the meals was very reasonable, no more than the other eating places with the exception of the Tavernas that were offering a 3 course set menu of around 7 to 9 euros. We found the food to be of an excellent standard and plenty of it. There isn't the same amount of choice on the half board menu as you would get in a taverna and if I struggled to think of a negative the only one that comes to mind is that of presentation. We had moussaka in the village one night and it arrived in a traditional clay pot whereas at terezas it is presented on a plate with the veg etc. I suppose what I am trying to say is the food felt less "homely" and its presentation being more "polished" which is what you might expect in a hotel. Not really a negative. So be reassured the food is lovely but consider doing what we did, mixing between hotel and village and that wat you get the best of both worlds. We loved the atmostphere in the tavernas at night too, greek dancing etc! hope this helps  :)

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 03:53:53 PM »
I stayed at the Tereza last in 2008 and stayed b&b in the newer hotel building at the back which was fabulous.

The breakfasts are great and we had quite a few lunches there which were also fab but for me personally I would not want to be tied to eat in the same place every night no matter how excellent the food is.

A big part of the holiday for me is going out for the evening meal as I rarely get to eat out at home.   I love eating at a different place most nights so I would never stay hb.

With regards to the comment about Tereza's food not being as homely and more slickly presented, I think that Leo and Fanis have taken more control over the running of the Tereza in the last 3-4 years and as a result of their younger 'vision' the decor and presentation of the hotel has really been improved and this has also extended to the food which is great.   I think they have created a really lovely contemporary hotel but with the same warmth and charm that it has always had  ;D

Offline Tomanchez

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 06:44:50 PM »
Yes you are right Silverstar, I loved the contemporary feel to the place and this has to be reflected in the food etc. We also ate at Beachcombers which has a bistro feel and at 2stars and thats more "rustic". Loved them both and everything inbetween.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni