Author Topic: Nafsika Hotel  (Read 25922 times)

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
Nafsika Hotel
« on: August 31, 2013, 09:25:55 AM »
The last time I was at the Nafsika was in 1997.  I was living in SS at the time and did some work for Spiros.  The only room I have ever looked at was years ago when it was available for an hour for late night flight shower and change. ( I'm sure some of you regulars will remember the days of 'night flights'!)  This room was tatty, the shower was broken, but working and it left me with a not very good impression of the place.

I have seen rave reviews of the food from lots of you on here so I'm assuming that the kitchen hygiene standards have been much improved since I worked in it.

Please can you tell me more about the rooms ie Mosquito nets/screens? Aircon?  Does it have a lift? Ground floor rooms?

Any further information would be very helpful as I will be back in SS in June/July 2014 with my friend from Texas and she would like a place with a pool and I need level access for Hotel and beach and I love the 'old' village.  It seems the Nafsika has it all! 

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Nafsika Hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 09:56:22 AM »
Hi Bee
We have stayed at the Nafsika for the last couple of years at the end of July/beginning of August.
Both stays have been brilliant.
This year we took our grown up children and partners and they all really loved it as well, our eldest and boyfriend are already looking to go back next year.
The rooms are either on the first or second floor, no ground floor rooms or lift I'm afraid.
There are no mosquito nets in the room but all have air con at 35 euros per week. In high season air con is essential, and if you do book get a sea view room as the views are to die for.
The food is some of the best in the village in our opinion and the half board is really good value.
The pool is one of the best and of course is just over the road from the beach.
I'm sure you would really like it although the lack of ground floor rooms could be the only drawback.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 10:42:06 AM »
Thanks for the information Rob.  I have to admit I didn't really think there were any ground floor rooms, but who knows what changes have been made since I was in the hotel last lol.  I would have to request a first floor at the front room and hope for the best  ;)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:32 AM »
Agree with Rob.

Little prince is the only place with a lift.

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 11:05:02 AM »
Bee
I'm sure a quick email to Speros would ensure a first floor room. We stayed in room1 this year which is the first room at the top of the stairs. Rooms 1 to 5 are the sea view rooms on the first floor.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 01:31:49 PM »
Bee
I'm sure a quick email to Speros would ensure a first floor room. We stayed in room1 this year which is the first room at the top of the stairs. Rooms 1 to 5 are the sea view rooms on the first floor.

Rob

Do you mean, do the booking with Thomsons then email to say when I'm booked in and please could I have any of rooms 1 - 5?

:D

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »
You can either do it that way or you can do it independently as Speros has a couple of rooms he lets privately, whichever you are most comfortable with.
Out of high season I would look at the independent option as it may well be the cheaper option.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »
We have stayed many times at the Nafsika and have nothing but praise for everything about it. So, so comfortable.  Stayed last year in one of Spiros own letting rooms - top floor sea view on the corner of the car park - what a fabulous room.  Much larger, nice shower cubicle - together with the view!  5 stars it's not, but the food, the ambience, the people and the Greek feel are wonderful.  First time we stayed in was 2001 I think and had no problems at all with cleanliness - just loved I then and love it now.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 06:33:56 PM »
Thanks Debra, I will look into it. :)

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »
Thanks for all your feedback guys, I have now made independent arrangements for a lot cheaper. :)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 10:29:40 PM »
Hi Bee

Are you staying at Nafsika independently?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 12:43:35 AM »
Hi bee.have booked independent with speros a few times and I'm positive you will get the room you require.he is able to shuffle rooms around.there is no set 2 rooms that he let's out.as mentioned earlier.top room next to car park is best and a bit bigger than others, and has a double bed.rare in ss

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 09:23:23 AM »
Hi Bee

Are you staying at Nafsika independently?

Hi Debra

No, I am going to be in Spiridoula Villas, the little one, for a very competitive price.  It's just down the road from Nafsika and we can use the pool when we want to.  We decided that to go self catering would mean that we could choose to eat out at a different restaurant each night, as my friend, Kay, loves food and wants to try all sorts.  Kay is English, lives in Texas , has USA citizenship and it will be her first time to Greece, so where better to start than the lovely Agios Stefanos :)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »
That will be lovely Bee - hope she loves it!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 05:20:54 PM »
Am racking my brains and have looked for any images - but where exactly is Spiradoula Villas ?  Past the Olive Press and set back from the road before the juice bar??  Or is it near the corner where the glass art place is?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni