Author Topic: Delfino Blu.................  (Read 149492 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Delfino Blu.................
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 10:38:26 PM »
We were in SS in May for the first time,and had read about DB on TA.We could not get booked in due to them being  fully booked.On one of our wanders around the village,we came across this hotel,and thought,lets see what it offers,and maybe we can have a look around a room or even the pool area.We neared the reception door,and had a look to see if anyone was around,there was no one there,so we ventured further towards the pool.We just made the corner,when a voice sounded out from the aforementioned doorway,Excuse me!!,can I help,it was a lady, and she raised a naughty finger when we explained why we were there.We were politely told we could not venture any further as the guests were having dinner.We asked if we could book a room for next year,and were told again,it was fully booked. We felt so unwelcome,and like intruders.Little Prince will do just fine thank you.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2013, 12:10:36 PM »
Silverstar
Just read your review on trip advisor, very good and objective, but I think if we had received that sort of treatment we would have been a lot more scathing.
Have often thought of going up there for a celebratory meal but will be sticking to Beachcombers.

Offline Les Shark Boy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »
I also read your review Silverstar, I think it was fair and not too overboard in my opinion.
We will check it out whilst we are away next week (6 days and counting). But if I get those 'vibes' we won't be spending any money there!
Maybe they read trip advisor, if so hopefully your review will serve as a wake up call for them.
Thanks for a good review and heads up.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2013, 01:41:20 PM »
Good review and very objective

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
Very well written. Should cause pause for thought at DB.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2013, 04:19:23 PM »
Thanks all

I tried to keep it fairly objective as Kostas is known for replying to TA reviews that are unfavourable and accusing the reviewer of deliberately sabotaging his hotel in order to help push forward other places to stay and eat in the village. Im sure he will comment so look forward to his explanation interest.

I understand Debra's view is different but its interesting to note that she was treated so well when her son had his wedding there.....i bet the reception would have been very different had they just walked in off the street...!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 12:06:50 AM »
I have to say Silverstar that I fully appreciate how you feel and would (am sure) have been as affronted as you. if I had been treated that way.  We went for a meal last year (when there was no wedding planned) - it was on my and my husbands birthday - same day/different year (lol).  We booked a table for 8 adults and 2 children.  We too had to wait for a table - it actually was windy - we went down to the cocktail bar and had a drink whilst they set the table up.  Their restaurant isn't that large and was still almost full.  There the similarities end.  We had wonderful service.  At the end of the meal I was walking the one year old in the pushchair up and down the side of the hotel and Kostas and partner were sitting outside. We chatted and then my son shouted me to come because he had ordered a cake.  Whoosh disappeared Kostas and the 2 big bottles of champagne and a round of cocktails appeared on the house.  So that was our treatment when we had just  sort of 'walked off the street'.   

Gavlah1973

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »
Well that just makes his behaviour seem even more bizarre!!!
You need to treat every customer as if it was your first.
At least be consistent

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
Debra - i do agree - as i said before, i visited 4 or 5 times just for dinner and was treated very well hence what was so confusing and disappointed with our visit the other week

It was totally at odds to the reception we had had before...

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »
As Gav says, you have to be consistent when dealing with customers.  Why do they book tables for 'outsiders' if they don't really want you there?  Having worked in a customer facing position for over 30 years, it is important that everyone is treated the same and with courtesy!  These people who the DB are turning away, could have been their future customers and guests.  Your staff are only as good as the Manager/Owner of the business. I realise these are different people's opinions, but it only takes a couple of bad reviews to put me off going somewhere.  Not on my list of places to visit and we've never experienced that behaviour anywhere in San Stef in the last nine years.

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2013, 02:59:59 AM »
Silver star just looked at trip advisor to see if there is a reply and can't find your review anymore, have you removed it?

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »
Definately not there anymore

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
Silver star just looked at trip advisor to see if there is a reply and can't find your review anymore, have you removed it?

No wonder they are "No 1 in Agios Stefanos"

Gavlah1973

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2013, 12:02:28 PM »
If that's been removed by the hotel that is scandalous. 
Trip Advisor review every post before putting it on. So it was ok with them!
If Silverstar didn't get it removed, and I cant see why she would, this is a disgrace

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
I didn't think you could have it removed except by the person who wrote it!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni