Author Topic: Delfino Blu.................  (Read 149490 times)

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Delfino Blu.................
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »
 and some thick skin....

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »
Les Shark Boy - you should go and see what you think.

I would hope it was a one off but from talking to others, it might not be the case.

Trip Advisory - here I come!!  ;D

Offline Les Shark Boy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »
Bruno would lick them into being attentive!  ;D
We'll definitely have a look and see...

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 12:37:46 AM »
I can remember many less than attractive comments over the years on this forum - - -referring to this hotel - - and some support too....
We went once to look and decide if we should book - - again a frosty pants reception - - then there was the Rottweiler saga . . .  remember that?
Kostas once used to often be in Mango (when it first opened - the early years), and when we ate lunch there for the first time - he was the rudest man short of Fawlty Towers...
It's difficult to want to go to the hotel these days....... (I suppose different if you book and stay there).....
Mango has changed and is OK - - but why should we want to eat anywhere when the attitude is so poor??
I rest my case....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 12:54:27 AM »
When walking down the hill into the village we have sometimes taken the "loop" and looked at the hotel. It does not look inviting, so we have never ventured in. Given that there are plenty of very good places to eat in the village it makes no sense to risk embarrassment or confrontation?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 12:56:28 AM »
To be fair - as I said before - the Mango Bar staff are really nice.

Might try booking a meal in the autumn - just out of naughtiness.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 02:35:30 AM »
Mango is good - BUT - you'll get the blues if you use Delfino with Kostas the rude....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 10:59:49 AM »
Went for a look round this may. Met Kostas  leaving as we entered and he was pleasant enough but instructed us to go to reception. We did'nt we walked past, it was amusing to see the receptionist nearly break her neck to get from behind her desk to head us off. She was courteous but made it clear we weren't welcome to look around, so based on how we were treated we wouldn't return for a meal despite her sales pitch. Far to up themselves for my liking

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 12:38:06 PM »
I'll let you know what day I do my trip advisor review (still tweaking it) so you can all avoid the DB.

I imagine Kostas will not be a happy bunny......

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
it happened to us this year also. took a detour on way to beach to show off delfin blu to  friends on their first trip to san stef . couldn't have felt more awkward if I tried . short sharp "theres the pool  , now goodbye ". was rather embarrassed in front of friends but they never said anything so forgot about it . must say that when we,ve been there previous (only twice) its always been good service,

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »
Trip adviser review done and will be online sometime in next 48 hours.

For those in SS this weekend, please avoid the Delfino Blu as Kostas might be on the rampage...!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 07:15:20 PM »
shark boy - go and see......................

On the last day of our holidays (10th August) my son and his new wife, her disabled daughter, and my daughter and Aussie husband booked in for the breakfast - they were told NOT to bring too rowdy kids with them.  I understand this actually, this hotel is expensive and the customers maybe feel they have paid for it be more exclusive.  Can't remember who on this forum wrote about the Nine Muses in Kefalonia and his disappointment that that hotel did not protect their customers and it sullied their holiday a little.  My lot had an amazing breakfast at the hotel - they were not guests, but Ben had been the week before as his wedding was there. They were touched and amazed by the kindness they received from Kostas and the staff, who even gave them a little gift.  I also want to say that I have NEVER, EVER experienced kindness like we received this year and last year from the staff at the Mango with our disabled little 9 year old.  Every day they ran down and lifted her wheelchair up all those steps, made fresh pasta (she has difficulty eating).  Alex the bed man would give them the thumbs up if she wanted the loo and down the knights in shining armour would come and Kostas would talk with her etc.  They really didn't have much to gain from doing this.

I don't think it matters what Kostas did before or anything - what matters is it is a beautiful hotel.  I don't really agree with Jimbo that it is bling, it felt understated to me.  However on the wedding night there was a very dour bar man - slow and struggling - not sure what the problem was.  But all the guys and girls from the Mango were there and SMILING was the name of the game.

Offline Woodman

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:09 PM »
Debra, I completely agree with all you've said.  We stayed in June on our honeymoon with our (nearly) 4 year old.  As with all children of that age (see my post elsewhere on eating out), we were nervous of him acting up in a posh hotel, but the staff took to him for the whole time we were there, playing with him, treating him like a little prince (no pun intended!).  When he was fussy at breakfast, Kostas asked him what his favourite was and asked the chef to make it for him (pancakes).  Emilia in the pool bar made him fruit cocktails, Aline (Silvio's wife) and the Mango team kept him entertained for the 11 days we were there.  We too received gifts when we left.  We may be biased but we loved our stay.

Le Shark boy - you need to go and make your own mind up; those of us who have been to SS before have our opinions.  As this is your first time, you can give us all your unbiased thoughts. Might be worth waiting until Kostas has calmed down from Silverstar's review though!!  ;)

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2013, 07:50:27 PM »
In June, we had our best meal in Delfino Blu. We're back on Monday and will most certainly be going again.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2013, 08:06:33 PM »
It was me with Kefalonia and related to wedding parties who weren't staying at the hotel turning up en masse to use the pool!!
Not an issue with anyone eating there as the restaurant was big enough and it also welcomed the general public

From reading these reports about the Delfino the one that seems clear is inconsistency.

Kostas attitude with customers seems to go from really welcoming to very frosty. At least be consistent

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni