Author Topic: Never been before any recomendations for a 19 year old  (Read 11171 times)

Offline doddy

• View Profile
Never been before any recomendations for a 19 year old
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
Hi all , I have been reading this forum with interest and wonder if anybody can help. We booked tsaros over a year ago for just the 2 of us( 2 bed apartment) for 14 nights but  now my  very shy   19 year old daughter wants to come for a week. We've been in touch with Thassolis who has kindly agreed she can stay with us. Looked at Thomsons flight( extortionate) but thats who we fly out with and they do a transfer fo £30 but does any one know if it's both ways? If not, she wil be coming back by herself, (a bit of a worry for her)What's the best way to do it?Also she is a vegetarian can anybody recommend any suitable restaraunts or is she going to struggle. Are there any bars that might suit the younger end and the older end! many thanks in advance. looking forward to our 1st time in S.S.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Never been before any recomendations for a 19 year old
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »
 Hi Doddy
            Two more veggies here    We have never had any problems getting good veggie food ,  been visiting for 12 years or so and the choice gets better every year  ,  You will find good veggie food almost every where   We especially like Olympia , very handy for Tsaros  stayed there for the last 6 visits another one booked for Sept 2015     also Waves  ,Little Prince, Zorbas , Beachcomber  and Town Pizza do some very good veggie food  The first few times up Cardiac Hill to Tsaros are a bit daunting but well worth it , also a
Akrotiri further up the hill is excelant for food and the the views are the best in San Stef   You will not be dissapointed
Adventure before dementia

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:02:39 AM »
My wife is vegetarian and never struggles to find something tasty to eat her favourite restaurant is the Nafsika they always go the extra mile well worth a visit

Offline Jayne h

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »
Hi Doddy, don't worry about your 19 year old, she will love it there as I'm sure you will too. Am not a veggie but all the restaurants cater for that diet beautifully, there are lots of great places to eat there, as for bars that cater for different, ages they all seem to. The Athens bar is a really good place for all ages, as is Bar 38, they play good music and have live acts too. The Condor bar is quite good as well tho, they have some tribute acts on most nights, tho some can be a bit cheesy! El Greco will be another place that would suit all ages too, you will probably find your own place that you all enjoy together, have a great time as I'm sure you will do.

Offline doddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »
Thanks everybody for taking the time to respond. I will let her know that she doesn't have anythind to worry about.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 07:43:58 PM »
Hi doddy and welcome to the forum.  You will have no worries regarding your daughter.  As Jayne h says, there are plenty of places for you all to enjoy yourselves.  You will be amazed at how friendly the resort is, both tourists and locals so you will have a great time.  The only worry is, she will want to visit San Stef again and again.   :)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:06 PM »
We have a typical teenage son, the fact that he is quite keen to return to SS suggest it holds something for this age group also. Most bars have free wi fi and decent music across the generations is available in various bars.Old fashioned darts, quizzes and pool tables are dotted around. Nothing in excess, more opportunities just to relax talk and go with the flow. I honestly believe it's sometimes a relief for teens to be able to step back from the pressures of peer groups in the club and bar street resorts. Everyone needs to slow down from time to time.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
Our 19 year old son loves the place and can't wait to get back in August!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni