Author Topic: The Chinese! !!!!  (Read 49244 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: The Chinese! !!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 03:54:13 AM »
My biggest problem with any restaurant - especially this particular Chinese one was the lack of custom.
I have always been wary of a restaurant that's always empty - - as I wonder how fresh the meat or fish is!

I also try to avoid "Specials", as it usually means they need to off-load that dish quickly,
I realise there are exceptions to this as some do regular specials on different days of the week.

Busy restaurants that get locals in - - that's a great sign......
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »
Will this restaurant be re-opening under new management in 2014, does anybody know?

Offline hippopots

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
At the moment nothing appears to be happening at the chinese, so I would guess it may not be re-opening this year. That said, things happen very quickly here, so I could be wrong!

Offline Googleberry1811

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 05:29:15 PM »
We only had chance to eat there once when we visited last year and the only reason we went there was because we were over there for 2 weeks so still had plenty of time to visit our favorite Tavernas but the food was delicious and it is such a shame that they may have walked away from this due to the lack of business and left debts to the locals. The only complaint we had whilst eating there was that the bar next door had some cheesy tribute act on and was extremely loud ruining the dining experience a little. 

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 08:18:44 PM »
When in Rome and all that - I prefer to eat the food of the country that I am in . There are plent of Chinese eateries in England but where I live no Greek ones , so I enjoy the experience of eating the local food .

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »
Tend to agree Ioanna , but a little variety may be nice , especially over two weeks ? As good as they are , many restaurants have very similar menus - variations of a theme so to speak. I wonder if we had the option to invest in a non Greek eatery in San Stef what would we consider the least risky option? Indian cuisine? Little Bistro? Spanish tapas  ;D ?  For me a little Fish and chip restaurant with cod chips and mushy peas! What a philistine !

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 08:58:33 PM »
I agree with Selsy. But then we have to ask "What, exactly, is Greek food?" Are we going by what the ancients ate? In which case, chips, lemons and tomatoes are out!

Personally, I like a varied diet.

One thing the ancients did which seems like a good idea is that women were not allowed to eat with the men and had to wait until later (although prostitutes were allowed at the tables). How about Ancient Greek nights in Agios Stefanos?

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »

Nice  one Jimbo would it be fancy dress ? would need to know what to pack!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »
Oh No - not a fish n chip shop! Please.  Had a lovely Greek fish and chips dinner cooked to perfection at the Nafsika last year.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
Hi Debra, I need a fish and chip shop with plastic table cloths, big pot of tea, wobbly table, neon sign, pile of newspapers, betting slips, and a fruit machine.... I just can't see the problem ;D

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »
Must be one in Sidari, Sellsy?

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 10:25:04 PM »
Ha! Too far to walk, with my diet of fish and chips I have piled the pounds on , plus  no taxis! Looks like I'm stuck with Greek mezzes and the like, just as well there's a few to choose from! On second thoughts do you think the chip shops in Sidari will deliver ?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 10:43:58 PM »
Sellsy - I always take a few cans of mushy peas with me. Goes nicely with the sea bass.

Offline Ioanna

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 11:52:47 PM »
Jimbo's information about the men in ancient times eating first makes me think that if I am hungry I might have to consider a career change !!!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 12:38:33 AM »
Jimbo's information about the men in ancient times eating first makes me think that if I am hungry I might have to consider a career change !!!!

Consider yourself invited to the inaugural evening!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni