Author Topic: Ilias in Avliotes  (Read 48852 times)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ilias in Avliotes
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 12:42:05 PM »

Sorry to hear that story, it's one of our favourite places for lunch or dinner, and never fails to charm normally.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 06:39:40 PM »
As promnised the link for Ilias for those whom have visited and those still to pop in.  George, Ilias and the family look forward to seeing you...... http://www.iliastaverna.com wishing all a fab winter and see you next summer over here........

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
Don't need a car Bee the bus runs up to Avliotes.

I would need a car or a lift, as it would be far too long to wait for the return bus.  Much as I love the walk back (and have done it many times) I am not capable of doing it now :(

Offline purpletigger

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »
Thanks for the link Lesley.  Love going to Ilias in Avliotes.  They are the nicest people and the food is terrific...... always a warm welcome. :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 07:46:26 PM »
I would need a car or a lift, as it would be far too long to wait for the return bus.  Much as I love the walk back (and have done it many times) I am not capable of doing it now :(
Bee,in September we caught the 11.15 bus to Avliotes,cost 1.50 Euros,Popped into Ilias for an iced tea and said we would be coming back for lunch.We then set off for a stroll around the village,even climbed up to the church,not for the faint hearted as the hill is very steep.
 We then returned to Ilias for a leisurely lunch and caught the 3.30 bus back to San Stefanos and the time just flew by.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 12:02:40 PM »
Bee,in September we caught the 11.15 bus to Avliotes,cost 1.50 Euros,Popped into Ilias for an iced tea and said we would be coming back for lunch.We then set off for a stroll around the village,even climbed up to the church,not for the faint hearted as the hill is very steep.
 We then returned to Ilias for a leisurely lunch and caught the 3.30 bus back to San Stefanos and the time just flew by.

I know what you are saying Dupnica, but I have so much pain even when walking a short way, I would be stuck sitting for a couple of hours waiting for that bus back.  I'm hoping we will be able to hire a care for a few days and that will enable me to get to the areas I can't walk to :)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »
Car Hire for a few days is always a good idea regardless Bee as buses of course are limited.  Now there is plenty of choice with car hire as well in the resort.. So you can combine a day out perhaps over to Kassiopi or NE coast with an early dinner under the vines at Ilias in Avliotes.......

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 11:55:26 AM »
Car Hire for a few days is always a good idea regardless Bee as buses of course are limited.  Now there is plenty of choice with car hire as well in the resort.. So you can combine a day out perhaps over to Kassiopi or NE coast with an early dinner under the vines at Ilias in Avliotes.......

Yes I agree Lesley and as there will be the two of us it does cut the cost.  I'm sure out of the 14 days we will be there Kay will want to see more of the Island so hiring a car is the ideal way.  I love the drive along the coast road round the north of the Island popping into all the pretty resorts on the way.  Having two drivers and with one being more used to driving on the *wrong* side of the road it will be much easier :)

We are so looking forward to our holiday next year and seeing you and everyone else :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 04:22:50 AM »
As promnised the link for Ilias for those whom have visited and those still to pop in.  George, Ilias and the family look forward to seeing you...... http://www.iliastaverna.com wishing all a fab winter and see you next summer over here........
Just looked at the website page - looks good Lesley,
we will go again and I'm there and Bee wants to go I'll hire a car for the day and take her....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 01:59:16 AM »
Do not get in a car with him Bee!!

Do you remember 'Wandering Hands' ??!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 09:14:55 AM »
Truth is - - -I'll have to fight her off Gav.... LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 05:51:28 PM »
For all ilias taverna fans.....if you visit there web site,there is a voucher you can print off which allows you a free half caraf of wine per couple with main meal,lunch or evening..nice ehh

Offline BarbaraG

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 10:46:57 PM »
We didn't venture as far as Avliotes last year, but having just clicked on the link to Ilias taverna it's a must for this year. Roll on September! Food looks fab and the wine offer sounds good! Plus it's all downhill on the way back!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »
 And you can get the bus there and back if you don't feel like walking.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
Get the 10:30 bus, wander around the village, then have lunch and walk back down through the olive groves. Lovely!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni