Author Topic: Mozzies now  (Read 37637 times)

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Mozzies now
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »
I always get bit wherever I go and I take all the percautions!! 

Already taking garlic tablets and have been for a week or so!!
Never take any perfume on holiday these days!
Use plug ins.
Have air con on full blast!
Used lots of different mozzie stuff.
Have used the Avon stuff but cant seem to get the right one nowadays!

And still I get bit!!!  So I am dreading this part of the holiday!!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
Forgot to say we also keep the aircon on as they don't seem to like the cold in your rooms. I don't take perfume and Roy doesn't use after shave either whilst we are there and we both don't wear shorts at night. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
The balcony is usually a hotspot for bites!!! Deffo got a couple of mine sat out late on a night after getting back. Despite having the Citronella candle going!!
All we've used anywhere in previous years is the aftersun with repellant in and plug ins

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 06:41:51 PM »
Based on info here, I've ordered the whole mosquito repellent kaboodle from Amazon - the lifesystems stuff which is what you use were you to venture into the Amazon............should sort the Greek mozzies out no probs!!  ;D

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »
Doing exactly the same as in previous years having had no problem at all.....this year eight in two days so far and from the looks of others, we aren't the only ones under attack!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »
They were shocking this year

Offline leemac

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »
Hi
I noticed a advert somewhere for mozzie repellent wrist bands.  Has anyone used or had any success with them?
Cheers

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 10:24:49 AM »
I used no repellent at all and did not bitten once in two weeks. In fact, I didn't see a mozzie. So I'm a bit sceptical about these doom-laden reports of squadrons of mosquitoes bombing the place!

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
We wear the wrist bands, and also use Autan. We have not been bitten. This could be due to any number of other reasons! Eg visit date etc. I still believe that some of the lower leg stings/bites are not always from mosquitos. Also always carry antihistamine tablets to help reduce swelling. We avoid antihistamine cream.

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
We use garlic tablets and 100% deet spray without it the wife gets nailed, but with it all clear  :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »
You're right Rover it's not always the mosquitoes that bite your legs,there are some pesky little flies that like to have a chew at you as well
and they are about day and night.I don't know if any sort of repellent works on them.

Online Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »
I heard from others eat Marmite not sure!!!! but everyone has their own ideas, me I use a plug in a night and put the a/c on when asleep.......

Gavlah1973

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 07:35:50 PM »
Jimbo..... they were definitely there. You've been one of the lucky ones. I normally am but this year I got eaten by them.....

Like I say worst parts of the village were the night we spent at Nafsica, buzzing and bombing us like mad and on the balcony back at the apartments. I also had a couple of em after me in the bedroom despite using the plug in.
The little man never got bitten at all...... weird!

There was one night whilst we were there when it was a bit cool and windy. Glenn at Aquarious said everyone moved inside..... unfortunately so did the Mozzies resulting in quite a few bites for everyone that evening!

Offline gillie

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
I usually get around 7 or 8 over a fortnight, but funnily enough this year was the best I've ever had! :D Only three and I think a couple weren't mozzies but some other type of biter as they didn't really come up much. Used the new stuff people have mentioned from Amazon and did put it on every night but never in the daytime. We were staying at Anatoli and eating a lot at Nafsika and had no bites there. Seems to be just a lot of luck, or bad luck should I say - take no notice of Jim as it's true he never seems to get bitten and hardly ever puts any anti-mozzzie stuff on as he hates the smell!!! They just don't like him!   He does wear long trousers and socks most evenings and I'm sure that helps.However I have to say we didn't see many while we were there. So if they like you keep spraying - good luck!

Gillie

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 12:14:35 AM »
Sitting at nafsica now,on our 12th evening,visited most restaurants and moztingoes as the grand kids call them are not around.no bites

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni