Author Topic: Romanza Hotel (Part 2) -  (Read 14146 times)

Offline BeenAroundTheWorld_7

• View Profile
Romanza Hotel (Part 2) -
« on: July 16, 2013, 07:13:00 PM »
Phew! Joined this forum yesterday as going to be visiting San Stefano for the first time next month.

The earlier thread about where we are staying (Romanza) was starting to get a little off-track (!) so thought it might be better to start a fresh one with my queries.

1. How long does it take to get to the beach and the town? (we're fit and relatively young so not afraid of the hills!)
2. Where is the closest place to buy bottled water? (we're getting in really late so a bit worried as to whether anywhere will be open. Not sure how expensive it will be at the Romanza bar)
3. How long does it take to walk to the brewery? (I will be bringing my rucksack to bring a few bottles back)
4. What beers does the Romanza do and what are the beer and food prices like at the hotel?
5. How much does the aircon cost?

It's a last minute holiday so want to do a bit of homework so we can chill as quickly as possible once we get there  :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:13:44 AM by dimitris »

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Romanza Hotel (Part 2) - don't mention the sunloungers ;)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 07:35:23 PM »
Phew! Joined this forum yesterday as going to be visiting San Stefano for the first time next month.

The earlier thread about where we are staying (Romanza) was starting to get a little off-track (!) so thought it might be better to start a fresh one with my queries.

1. How long does it take to get to the beach and the town? (we're fit and relatively young so not afraid of the hills!)
10 minute walk down the hill and you will be in town, alternatively there is a beach path and in 7-8 minutes you can be on the beach.

2. Where is the closest place to buy bottled water? (we're getting in really late so a bit worried as to whether anywhere will be open. Not sure how expensive it will be at the Romanza bar)

I'm sure the price for water at the Romanza bar is similar to that in the supermarkets. Somebody will be along shortly to confirm.

3. How long does it take to walk to the brewery? (I will be bringing my rucksack to bring a few bottles back)

Allow about 20-25 minutes at a leisurely pace

4. What beers does the Romanza do and what are the beer and food prices like at the hotel?

Food prices are similar to other places in the village. Expect to pay around €7-€9 for most main meals with fish/steak etc being slightly more. Meal for 2 adults and 1 child with drinks was around €35, great value!

Pass

It's a last minute holiday so want to do a bit of homework so we can chill as quickly as possible once we get there  :)

You will love the Romanza. Although I have only stayed there for 1 night some of our party stayed last year and loved it. Friendly hosts and spotlessly clean hotel, pool and rooms.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »
And stunning food..... some of the best in the resort

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
Cheers Gavlah. We usually do a bit more homework first but it's been a real last-minute dash. Think we may have struck lucky without even realising it!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:35 PM »
I'm getting older now and have an annoying bit of hip pain after too many years of footie and squash,
but I like the Romanza and would stay there if I was a bit fitter - - you are young fit and you will find it no problem.
I agree with all the above - - Romanza is a lovely hotel with fantastic views and great rooms - - the staff are brilliant.
The Sunday BBQ is a must -  BOOK IT!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 11:39:55 PM »
Yep,you have got yourself a fantastic place to stay,hope you have a good camera,sunsets are awesome.food is first class.all staff are so helpfull and friendly.we will be there for the bbq in 12 days.one of the best in the village in my opinion.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »

It's a last minute holiday so want to do a bit of homework so we can chill as quickly as possible once we get there  :)

Air con is 5 euros a day.

Beer on draught is Mythos and Ionian Gold (from Arillas brewery), this is better, I think than the Mythos as it is far less gassy.  The draught beer is 3 euros a pint.  The Arillas brewery is open for tours on Thursdays and Saturdays between 11.00 and 1.00pm with a barrel of free beer outside. Buying the bottled beer is cheap, 1.60 euros for a large bottle.

6 large bottles of water from San Stefanos supermarket (next to ice cream shop) is 1.6 euros and they will deliver to the Romanza.

Hope this helps

Kernowfox

Re: Romanza Hotel (Part 2) -
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 01:53:11 AM »
Hi there we stayed at the romanza for a week a couple of years ago. The hill back to the romanza from the beach or the village will generate some sweat and is interestingly challenging after an evening meal + your liquid poison of choice (I favour a few glasses of retsina, a couple of glasses of mythos and an ouzo to finish off) we purchased our water in 5 litre bottles in the supermarket and lugged them back but the romanza is in no way expensive. Very friendly and we had a couple of late night drinking sessions with a few of our fellow travellers. Dont think you'll be disappointed.

Kernowfox

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 01:57:04 AM »
Just remembered -take a small torch to make your late night journey up the bendy hill a little easier

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 02:51:27 AM »
Think most of your questions have been answered now.
Rest assured you have made a great choice, the food at Romanza restaurant takes some beating and is competitively priced with the rest of the village.
You will be able to get water from the bar at the Romanza when you arrive.
We tend to then do a bulk buy of water, pop, beer etc for the room from the small supermarket that Waspman mentioned. Purely because they deliver and lugging it up the hill will guarantee a sweat on!
If we are going to the village we use the road and if going to the beach the steeper but shorter path which runs from the hotel directly onto the quiter end of the beach.
When do you arrive there?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 03:21:33 AM »
Thanks everyone - this is all fantastic!

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 01:09:12 AM »
Definitely echo all the good comments from everyone - it's a lovely place to stay.  We are finding the hill a bit much now otherwise we would still stay there.  We always make the effort and never miss the bbq night though for the lovely music and Andreas and Kate's dancing.  Also we like that you can still order from the menu if you don't want the bbq.  You will have a great holiday there.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 02:04:23 AM »
Don't miss their Sunday BBQ night!!!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 12:51:16 AM »
Don't miss their Sunday BBQ night!!!

Are you going again in September Tony?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 09:13:06 AM »
Yes - see you there  - we arrive on 16th evening....
Tony & Linda

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni