Author Topic: Doughnut Man Gets His Melons!  (Read 13317 times)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Doughnut Man Gets His Melons!
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:47:58 AM »
The doughnut man has vanished from san steph beach following the errection of signs warning people not to buy from beach sellers as it is hazadous to health! The warning sign is clear and permanent and i can only presume the authorities had some complaints, also i bet he wasnt paying any tax! Here for 10 days stopping at the Tereza, town is still fairly quiet but some tavernas are doing 3 course specials for 7e, at the new restaurant you even get a choice of menu! How they can make money on that is beyond me. Been in little prince which was busy but not packed, many of the other Tavernas were quiet. The beach is very busy and is slowly getting wider. Weather is perfect about 29c and a light breeze, many people have told us about the unusually cold conditions last month but its hot enough now. Tereza is great, we have a room overlooking the pool and sea. Will report more later. Andy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 11:59:04 AM by Gillywoo »

Offline bluenosejock1

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Doughnut Man Gets His Melons!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
Gutted to read that "beach sellers" have managed to make their way to our quiet little Haven. Hope the sudden disappearance of them means the local authority have dealt with them and they will no longer be a nuisance. Ive heard some horror storys in the past from other countrys.
I shine but do not burn

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:26:01 PM »
Thanks for the update on the doughnut man. Good riddance I say. Glad you like Tereza. Just over 7 weeks to go for our 13th time at Tereza. Pool and sea views are amazing :) Enjoy your stay
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »

So pleased to hear the news Gillywoo     Can't believe he will stop trading , bet he moves on to some unsuspecting people on another beach .       Tsaros on Sept 13th , can't come soon enough .
Adventure before dementia

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 11:04:53 PM »
So pleased to hear the news Gillywoo     Can't believe he will stop trading , bet he moves on to some unsuspecting people on another beach .       Tsaros on Sept 13th , can't come soon enough .

I am glad that the doughnut has moved on although we saw him in Arillas, Agios georgios north and also in Kassiopi, he sure gets about!

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »
Glad to see the back of him like everyone else.  I'm pretty sure he was the same one we saw at Roda as well about 6 years ago - where will he appear next?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 02:11:19 AM »
Seems like there will be less admissions for a stomach pump now the Dough-nutter has gone....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 02:17:13 AM »
Seems like there will be less admissions for a stomach pump now the Dough-nutter has gone....
[/quot

I am sure that I saw him on Southport beach today, maybe the locals in SS clubbed together and bought him a one way ticket to the UK, be afraid, be very afraid! ;) ;) Coming to a beach near you..............................

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 09:02:22 PM »
Does this mean that the delightful massage girls/guys will no longer be there either ?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 09:03:54 PM »
Hey lilly,did you see the sea at southport

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 09:14:42 PM »
Hey lilly,did you see the sea at southport

Hi rilo, unfortunately I did not, never have, Sarurday we are going to the Cheshire steam fair in Daresbury, should be a good day, perhaps doughnut man will turn up there! ;D ;D

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 09:24:55 PM »
I did see a Lucky Lucky man in San Stef this year

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
Hey lilly I'm jealous.not been to a steam fair in ages.last one I went to was at tatton park in the year dot.I'm from st helens originally,now living in belgium.you must be from the north west I think.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 10:57:15 PM »
Hey lilly I'm jealous.not been to a steam fair in ages.last one I went to was at tatton park in the year dot.I'm from st helens originally,now living in belgium.you must be from the north west I think.

Hi rilo, yes it is a good day out at the steam fair then in the evening we are out for a curry, yes I am from the North West, a place called Urmston in Trafford, is the weather good in Belgium, lovely and hot here at the moment.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 11:12:29 PM »
Hey lilly,now your anoying.your going for a curry also.lol. .could kill for a good curry,don't have curry houses over here. Yep had two fab weeks of sun,up to 29c last week,now around 23c,getting hot again at weekend

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni