Author Topic: Corfu airport check in info  (Read 15718 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Corfu airport check in info
« on: July 04, 2013, 12:23:36 AM »
Hi all,

I know that we are all aware of the queuing outside although this year we were not on a package holiday so we just walked straight through to check in however I just wanted to make you all aware of the importance of making sure that the check in staff at Corfu actually look at your tickets and not just your passports when checking in. The check in lady took our passports to check but when tried to give her our tickets she said that she did not need them. She then declared that our suitcases were 2kg overweight and we would have to pay so I then showed her our tickets and pointed out the extra luggage allowance that we had paid for in advance so we were actually underweight by 3kg, I then pointed to our tickets and showed her our pre booked seat numbers and I am glad that I did because others on the plane did not get the seats that they had pre booked as they had been given to others who had checked in before them, I always thought that the pre booked seats would show up on the seating plan so that they could not be given to others or can the check in staff over ride the system? It certainly seems so.
Fortunately in our section of the plane the ones who had been put in the wrong seats agreed to move so the ones who had pre booked could get what they had paid for.
So make sure if you have booked extra luggage or seats that the check in staff actually look at your tickets.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Corfu airport check in info
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »
Thanks for the warning Lilly. Not booked extra luggage but have pre booked seats
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:39:17 AM »
That's rather alarming!

What's the point of paying for allocated seats if the check in girl can just ignore them!

Hopefully she was just new and didn't know the system.

Which airline was it?

Andy

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:53:30 AM »
That's rather alarming!

What's the point of paying for allocated seats if the check in girl can just ignore them!

Hopefully she was just new and didn't know the system.

Which airline was it?

Andy

Hi Andy,

It was Thomas Cook, I would think that even if the check in lady was new that the simple task of checking tickets would have been included in her training, well at least I hope so.
I suppose if the ones who were given the wrong seats had refused to budge then the ones with pre booked seats could have claimed the money back since they would not of received what they had paid for.
I was actually quite shocked when she told me that she did not need our tickets, I personally have never come accross this before on my travels.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 10:05:44 PM »
Jet2 never looked at our confirmation/tickets on the way out. They can check everything by scanning your passport now!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:19:40 PM »
Jet2 never looked at our confirmation/tickets on the way out. They can check everything by scanning your passport now!

Maybe so but scanning our passports did not show our extra luggage allowance otherwise the check in lady would have known that we had purchased extra luggage allowance and not attempted to charge us for going over and also would not of given pre booked seats away to other customers unless of course she took no notice of pre booked seats and extra luggage allowance, maybe needs to be retrained then.

Hope that that you and yours have had a great holiday and that you enjoy your last few days in SS, time goes so quickly when on holiday but many happy memories are made especially this year now that you have your lovely little boy, I hope that MacKenzie has had a wonderful holiday.x

joan

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »
Have you been in touch with  Thomas Cook since then to tell them of this? Not a pleasant end to a lovely holiday.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »
Have you been in touch with  Thomas Cook since then to tell them of this? Not a pleasant end to a lovely holiday.

Not yet Joan but I will do, hopefully I can find an email address for them as I do not want to be subjected to 30 minutes on hold if I phone them.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »
Is the problem due to the use of agency staff at check in? It is no excuse, but it may be the reason?

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »
I have to say i was dreading the check in at the airport last friday but it was the quickest in the 20 odd years that we have been visiting Corfu.  Straight off the coach, queued up for about 10 minutes outside and then another five minutes at the check in desk.  Cases were put on the scales but weren't weighed.  Removed cases and took straight to the scanner.  Done and dusted within 25 minutes - Brilliant!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
I agree with Sarah.  On Friday just gone it was the quickest check in I have experienced at Corfu.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 05:51:39 AM »
Just got back..... arrived in a taxi....... checked in and cases on scanner in 5 mins

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
Fine check in

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
 Check in was fine when we returned last week although there was no separate check in desk for Easyjet "speedy boarding" passengers,the excuse being that it is a small airport,although in previous years a separate desk has been allocated.
 Be warned security is far more strict this year so keep your cameras,hairdryers and laptops at the top of your hand luggage as these have to go
 in individual trays through the scanner.

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 10:46:20 PM »
Security very strict my 3 year old grandsons trunkie was searched through his toy cars and Thomas trains he was also frisked !!!!! Not sure what they thought he was hiding on his little body.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni