Author Topic: Restaurants/taverna's that we visited during our holiday.  (Read 30279 times)

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants/taverna's that we visited during our holiday.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 11:34:22 PM »
Oh I see, it would have helped if they had given you an explanation, I don't think that I would have been very pleased with just being waved away either. Seems very odd.

Lilly it didn't matter, as we all know there are plenty wonderful restaurants to choose from.  :)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 11:46:09 PM »
Lilly it didn't matter, as we all know there are plenty wonderful restaurants to choose from.  :)

Yes, that is the beauty of SS, plenty of wonderful restaurants to choose from. :) :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2013, 12:51:02 AM »
Never had any problems at Olympia and have never seen anyone being turned away either. Friends of ours went in a few times with there young grandchildren last year and if they had had a bad experience I think they would have said and not gone back again .
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2013, 01:19:33 AM »
We went there on our 1st visit to san stefanos in 2009. Our daughter was 5 then and we had that same feeling that children were not welcome,so never gone back there

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 12:10:23 PM »
can say we been going to Olympia since 2001 . Stelios and his family have always welcomed us . kids were 11, 4 and 3 at the time and been back every year . sometimes eaten there 3 nights out of 14 . beautiful place,food, etc... even accommodated us the day they buried their uncle ... !!...   hoping he can accommodate 25ish persons for a birthday party on 24th ..

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 12:23:51 PM »
can say we been going to Olympia since 2001 . Stelios and his family have always welcomed us . kids were 11, 4 and 3 at the time and been back every year . sometimes eaten there 3 nights out of 14 . beautiful place,food, etc... even accommodated us the day they buried their uncle ... !!...   hoping he can accommodate 25ish persons for a birthday party on 24th ..

Apologies for turning this review thread into an Olympia bashing again.  I can only share my experience though and the fact was that my group last year (approx 8 adults and 5 children) were turned away from an empty restaurant without reason.

It really didn't bother me because as we all know there is no shortage of excellent eateries in the village. It was just a shame because our larger group of 32 obviously avoided the Olympia from then on, as did we on our visit again this year.

The place does get favourable food reviews on here so they are doing something right!

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
Little prince chicken poor my steak sizzler good wine good 2stare excellent food and service mixed sizzler good free half craf wine yannis place was best he made full meal of mix grill and starters for fourteen excellent food and sevice

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 01:37:54 PM »
D&G  totally understand and  its good to share good and bad points on the forum .. its why were all here , to share reviews , experiences etc... my personal favourite was the Olive Press . but alas it closed . still stop by at Giorgios for a chat and coffee every year . super bloke !!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
To be honest we found it very clicky at Olive Press and only went once because of that.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
We found the Romanza to be very 'cliquey' last year and won't stay there again. Didn't say anything at the time on here as many people love it but we were talking to some people staying there last month and they said exactly the same so at least it wasn't just us!

Offline cassells

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
Ive heard rumours that the Olive Press could be opening up again , has anyone else heard anything.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
To be honest the whole resort can feel cliquey like you're intruding on a private party.
Im outgoing so didn't find it an issue but when we stayed at the Romanza last time we ovwrheard a couple saying that they felt like intruders.  Even though we felt more than welcome

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
  • hair by Patricia - San Stefanos
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants/taverna's
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »

Barras food ?? Sofia is a very good cook. Try her meatballs they are the best. The food is cooked in the traditional way - scrummy. Alekos in tasty corner has the best pitta gyros-and a large plate gyros is enough for 2.         
LIZZIE

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants/taverna's
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 08:47:34 PM »
            Barras food ?? Sofia is a very good cook. Try her meatballs they are the best. The food is cooked in the traditional way - scrummy. Alekos in tasty corner has the best pitta gyros-and a large plate gyros is enough for 2.         

My 4 year old daughter agrees with you. She ate an adults portion a couple of times. :)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2013, 09:14:41 AM »
Ive heard rumours that the Olive Press could be opening up again , has anyone else heard anything.

"For rent" sign in windows at the moment

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni