Author Topic: Restaurants/taverna's that we visited during our holiday.  (Read 30189 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Restaurants/taverna's that we visited during our holiday.
« on: July 03, 2013, 10:00:05 PM »
Hi all, we had some really good meals this year in SS.
Olympia was our favourite and dined here at least four times, staff very attentive and friendly.
Two stars was also excellent and we were given a free half carafe of wine, free cake and a free cream dessert with every meal.
Beachcombers was also very good and was no more expensive than any other restaurant.
Yiannis also very good along with tasty corner, waves on the beach,Nafsika hotel and the little prince.

Barras was just average tbh.

I have got to give a mention also for Town pizza, I am not really a fan of pizza's but I really enjoyed the ones here, we had some great conversations with the owner Stamatis who is at present struggling for trade so if anyone likes pizza or pasta then please pay him a visit.

Also enjoyed two lunches in Avilotes at the Ilias taverna and we had many, many lunches at the Aquarius bar.
We drove to old Perthia (abandoned village) and had a great lunch at Foros Taverna, wow this place was fantastic and as if time had stood still,amazing place and the food was the best we have tasted, we received a warm welcome from the owner along with free walnut cake drizzled in honey.

We also walked to Afionas and there is a new tavern there ( I think it was called sunset tavern) with amazing views and excellent food,when you get to the village square, walk through the narrow streets and it is signposted.

Wish that we were still there now enjoying the amazing food, company and of course the warm sun.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants/taverna's that we visited during our holiday.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:23:45 PM »
Thanks for all that Lilly. Glad to know Olympia are still very good as well. Our favourite place. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:02:59 AM »
Thanks for all that Lilly. Glad to know Olympia are still very good as well. Our favourite place. :)

You are welcome Jules, yes Olympia for us outshined them all this year, the briam was really lovely and a great choice of starters on offer too. It has a wonderful relaxing atmosphere and  if you are  wanting a chilled out meal with excellent service then this is the place to go.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »
Totally agree. Have always had great food there and also a great welcome each time as well. Never get hurried either so nice and relaxing
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 05:35:10 PM »
We ate at Olympia the other night

Great food but they weren't particularly friendly!! Not unfriendly but definitely seemed to have an aversion to kids!!
There was a really pretty girl waiting on and she was a bit stand off ish.

But great food, great setting

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
We didn't bother with the Olympia this year due to being turned away last year, I'm stubborn like that. :)

Surprised you found the Barras not so good. We had a couple of great meals there this year, the Kleftico was particularly good and it was one of the less expensive meals we had.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »

Must agree and disagree with you Gavlah1973  Olympia is our favourite , but the view , in our opinion, is not the best .
 If it was at The Waves location  it would be perfect.
Adventure before dementia

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Olympia not child friendly found that out years ago with our little ones.Never gone back.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:40:02 PM »
I meant more the lovely flowers etc than the actual sea/sunset view!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 10:00:11 PM »
Wonder why they don't like kids?! Complete contrast to other places in the village!!

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 10:07:51 PM »
We didn't bother with the Olympia this year due to being turned away last year, I'm stubborn like that. :)

Surprised you found the Barras not so good. We had a couple of great meals there this year, the Kleftico was particularly good and it was one of the less expensive meals we had.
They didn't let us in a few years ago and there was only me and my husband, so stubborn like you we never went back.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:24:18 PM by Jaxbubbles »

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 10:26:09 PM »

Hi Jaxbubbles and D&G, why did they not let you in? Was it full at the time? I can't imagine anyone turning customers away and can't think of a reason why they would do so tbh.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »
We ate at around 8.30 the other night in Olympia...... we were only ones in eating till around 9.15 ish. About 6other tables taken when we left..... been very quiet the past 10 days

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
Hi Jaxbubbles and D&G, why did they not let you in? Was it full at the time? I can't imagine anyone turning customers away and can't think of a reason why they would do so tbh.

No it wasn't full. The chap just waved us away! Maybe he was having a bad night or his kitchen appliances had broken down!! Or maybe he was expecting a big party of 50 people goodness knows. but he didn't give any explanation. In fact he didn't say a word!! just waved us away without a smile or anything.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 11:26:45 PM »
No it wasn't full. The chap just waved us away! Maybe he was having a bad night or his kitchen appliances had broken down!! Or maybe he was expecting a big party of 50 people goodness knows. but he didn't give any explanation. In fact he didn't say a word!! just waved us away without a smile or anything.

Oh I see, it would have helped if they had given you an explanation, I don't think that I would have been very pleased with just being waved away either. Seems very odd.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni