Author Topic: Stamatis  (Read 16084 times)

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Stamatis
« on: July 03, 2013, 11:43:16 AM »
Just looking through the Thomson's online brochure for next summer, and spotted that from May 2014, these apartments will be adult only.
I wonder if that's their decision or Thomson's?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Stamatis
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »
They have been adult only for atleast the last 2 years aswell, maybe longer.

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »
Not according to the brochure. It says they've been part of the Small and Friendly selection until now, and will be adults only from May 2014.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 07:25:50 PM »
I'm positive they have previously been adults only.

All the searches on thomsons I have done the last couple of years (2 adults 1 child) the stamatis has Never shown up in the results. Also a couple of friends stayed there last May, the reasons being "it won't be full of kids and is cheaper than Thomas Bay". (Not my words) :)

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:45 PM »
How strange, it was adults only when I've looked in the past too.  I remember 'cause it always bugged me that they had a slide and no children were allowed! 

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 09:39:48 PM »
It wouldn't be the first time that Thomsons have used 'creative' wording in their brochure, would it.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 05:45:02 PM »
Having just returned from our ninth visit to Stamatis, I think they have been adults only since at least 2011.  I believe this is Thomsons decision.  However right next door, are Stamatis privately rented apartments, which allow children, so you will still see children there around the pool!!

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 10:37:09 PM »
That would explain it then.
Last year we were sitting in the Athens Bar, and saw lots of kids, on the slide,
and in the Stamatis pool.
Looked like our idea of hell, frankly! Which is why we were surprised at it being adults only.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 09:58:03 AM »
Why did it look like your idea of hell?

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »
hell???   haha... my 3 been going since 2001 .. never had anything but fun with them ..they love it ,which makes for a great holiday for me and wifey.  san stef is the most kid friendly resort you will find . hence the appeal !  relax and run with the smiles on their faces everyday ....

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »
I suppose if you have gone looking for peace and quiet around the pool then maybe it would be hell if there was lots of kids around. Personally even though we don't have kids they don't bother us but then we do go after the school holidays. Most kids we have seen have been very well behaved anyway.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 11:48:46 AM »
Sometimes I sit at that special time of day (around 6pm+), at the edge of the sea and watch the kids play.  Running in and out of the sea, playing bat and ball, building sandcastles, running up and down.  I hear their laughter as the sea glistens with the lowering sun.  Could there be a more heart lifting sound and sight?  Kids are brilliant life affirmers.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 02:04:48 PM »
Sometimes I sit at that special time of day (around 6pm+), at the edge of the sea and watch the kids play.  Running in and out of the sea, playing bat and ball, building sandcastles, running up and down.  I hear their laughter as the sea glistens with the lowering sun.  Could there be a more heart lifting sound and sight?  Kids are brilliant life affirmers.

Well said.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
Brilliant Debra and very very true. My little boy was playinh in tje garden in the sun yesterday jumping in and out of his paddling pool. Loved hearing his screams and seeing his face light up

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 03:18:55 PM »
Also, of course, most pools are open to anyone, so you can take your children there to have fun.  We used to have some local children come to swim about 7 in the evening, just have to accept it and close your doors so you can have your nap before going out!!  We are beach people and use the quiet end of the beach, so not affected by children around a pool.  We too hope that some day our 8 granchildren will join us in San Stef.  I will be changing my name from Grandma though!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni