Author Topic: Greek Dancing.  (Read 17311 times)

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Greek Dancing.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 08:51:36 AM »
Ooh no, I wouldn't want to!

Offline mythos2

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »
Just a thought, how steep is the hill?  I might eventually make the effort but might nee d a rest half way or wherever halfway is?  In Kassiopi a few years ago we had a hill to get up from the beach and the town to the apartments we called it the HOD - Hill of Death - and no watering holes to be seen.  I fancy taking my other half to the Romanza but I could be outvoted as my vote doesn't always count.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 02:04:09 PM »
It is steep but maybe you could assess it when you are there
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 03:09:27 PM »
It starts off gentle and then gets tougher and tougher.

Bit like women, really.

Offline mythos2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 03:18:01 PM »
I suppose going up at least means after you've wined and dined its all downhill and that's a bonus.

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 03:38:35 PM »
You are all worrying me I am staying at the Romanza at the end of August for 2 weeks

YANNIS26

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 04:11:32 PM »
You are all worrying me I am staying at the Romanza at the end of August for 2 weeks

Hi Julied
Do not worry about the hill.It is not as bad as people are making out.I am no spring chicken.I have climbed that hill for the last 15 years and never found it a problem.In my opinion by far the steepest part is from the village to Teresas.If you are familiar with the area the route from Teresas to the Romanza consists of a steady incline around 3 sharp bends each section of a similar distance.To give you some idea of distance the secton from Teresas  to the next hotel the Kapetonias is a third of the distance to the top of the hill.You are then left with a flat section of similar length before the Romanza on the next bend.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »
Yiannis

I though1 I was going to have to join the gym. Although I  have been before I have  never stayed at the Romanza
thanks for your reply

YANNIS26

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »
Back to the thread.
Greek dancing.
I have the following obsevations to make on this.
(1) Unless you have seen all the dancers it is impossible to name the best.
(2)The same applies to the Greek nights & their format.
(3)If you come into the category of someone who has seen all the village has to offer in these fields.You are then entitled to your opinion.
This is where the problem starts.Everyone has their own opinion on what constitutes the best.This leads to lots of personal opinions many of which will be different.It is a persons divine right to hold this opinion & no one has the right to say they are wrong.This does not just apply to dancing but to  hotels & tavernas and anything else where an opinion is expressed.
With this in mind I will give you my personal opinion.
I believe that Andreas at the Romanza is the best dancer & also that the Romanza holds the best Greek night.
I personnaly prefer the Romanza format of live music & dancing by the family.The audience is made up of hotel guests and a lot of locals that add to the atmosphere with their impromptu acts of music ,singing and  dancing.As for the audience participation part in the dancing I believe it adds to the atmosphere to make an excellent evening.
You all know I am extremely biased where the Romanza is concerned, so do not take my word for it .Come along & then you will aso be entitled to your personal opinion.
Yammas
Yiannis
Romanza PR Dept.

Offline romanza man

• SanStef Regular
  • July 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »
Hi Julied
I agree with Yiannis, as long as you take it easy it`s not a problem, we are there July 15th for our 9th time and although we now use a quad bike, we still walk it now and again. If you do find it a bit much i would advise you not to use the beach path, that is a killer.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
Is that short cut still there through those apartments next to the Romanza? We used to nip through there then through Teresas

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 08:27:26 PM »
Is that short cut still there through those apartments next to the Romanza? We used to nip through there then through Teresas

Sometimes the gate is open, sometimes it's padlocked

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 08:29:25 PM »
It is padlocked.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni