Author Topic: The Kapetanios: A Hidden Gem  (Read 6831 times)

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
The Kapetanios: A Hidden Gem
« on: June 15, 2013, 01:08:48 AM »
Following the coldest Spring in the UK for 50 years (must be Global Warming) Gill and I decided to have a weekend in San Stef and after a search of the internet secured two return flights to Corfu for less than £300.

Having got the flights it was then a mad panic to book accommodation as the whole of San Stef seemed booked up but after a quick email to Lesley@Corfu Selections we managed to book 3 nights at the Kapetanios last weekend and what a little gem it turned out to be.

Having stayed at the Teresa's and Romanza I knew where the Kapetanios was located but from the road it looked fairly small and hidden, but once inside I was amazed by the spacious, attractive gardens and large clean swimming pool, our studio apartment was huge  with an excellent bathroom, soft comfy bed (unusual in Greece) and Sky TV. The bar area was very friendly with Yannis going the extra mile to make everyone feel welcome.

The Kapetanios is a lot bigger than it looks from the road and is incredibly well maintained with fresh, clean paintwork throughout making it feel brand new. The gardens are beautifully kept and the views across San Stef amazing, we had a ground floor apartment but because the Kapetanios is on a hill we still looked over San Stef and down to the sea.

As for San Stef itself the season was in full swing with all Taverna's and bars busy, it was good to see the new Med. Restaurant next to Zorbes busy and even the Chinese restaurant had people in. We eat out at the Little Prince as usual and on Saturday night every table was booked out.

Some of our friends think we are mad going to San Stef for the weekend until I explain it would cost more to stay in London for the 3 nights and chances are the sun would not be shinning! ;D

Andy
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:24:07 AM by Andy7 »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: The Kapetanios: A Hidden Gem
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 01:18:30 AM »
Don't blame you at all for going even for just a weekend. As you say a weekend in London in the rain and cold would probably cost more. Glad to hear places are busy as well. If we couldn't get in the Teresa anytime I think Kapetanios would be next in line .Have read good reviews from other people.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:27:01 AM »
Did you see Lilly?

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
Did you see Lilly?

Dont think so, who is Lilly?

Andy

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 01:30:06 PM »
Well that's really good news. My nephew and his family of 6 will be there last June first July cheers for the info

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »
Andy

Lilly is a regular off here. She's there for 3 weeks with her hubby John

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »
Andy

I salute you!  great idea - enjoy!

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »
Kapetanios is great, only been there for drinks and meals.  The bartender Dominic was great last year, we were invited to his son's christening, unfortunately he's not there this year, working in Arillas I here.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni