Author Topic: Okay! What's new?  (Read 5809 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Okay! What's new?
« on: June 11, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »
Hi all,

It seems that quite are few people have been and gone already and I was wondering what's changed, what's new and what's gone, for example:-

is the Sunset still open?
what about Bar38?
I know there's a new place where Mamma Mia's (not sure of its name) used to be but what about anywhere else?
Are Zorba's, Little Prince, Beachcomber, Olympia (our fav places) still open.

5 weeks this Friday and we'll be there. Oh heck can't wait. Its ridiculous. I'm a grown man for flip sake.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Okay! What's new?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 12:55:49 AM »
Hi all,

It seems that quite are few people have been and gone already and I was wondering what's changed, what's new and what's gone, for example:-

is the Sunset still open?

Wasn't open when we left on the 8th June although a few tables turned up outside around the 5th. I was told that they were not opening at all this year but take that for what it's worth.

what about Bar38?

Open and loud as always.

I know there's a new place where Mamma Mia's (not sure of its name) used to be but what about anywhere else?

Called the Mediterranean village. Ate there once, very good. They will do well this year I think, certainly spent a good chunk of change renovating the premises, a good kiddies area a the back to. They also had some good 3 course specials for €9 including fresh sea bream.

Are Zorba's, Little Prince, Beachcomber, Olympia (our fav places) still open.

All open and doing well.

There is also a new take away / gyros place opposite the condor called 'delicious take away' or something like that. They were working hard to get the place open just before we left.

5 weeks this Friday and we'll be there. Oh heck can't wait. Its ridiculous. I'm a grown man for flip sake.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:58:21 AM by D@G »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 09:49:36 AM »
Thanks for that D@G
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:31:38 PM »
for me the biggest change was the beach, especially up by Mango and Havana the gales we had whilst we were there saw to that and how far the sea is coming up to the back of the beach. They have also put in a sturdy bridge where the river comes out on to the beach.
We left Saturday and it was still free sunbeds outside the restaurants. We got the impression (language difficulties here) that waves and mistral will continue to leave their own beds in front and would introduce some method of payment tied in to using them. Maybe no one bid for the licence for that part of the beach. Irene told us the cost is anything from E5000 to E20,000 depending whereabouts on the beach the bid is for.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 04:01:40 AM »
Where exactly has the car-hire moved to????
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
The car hire is up in what I think is a new building next to Elizabeth's jewellers. The doctor is there, too, in an office at the side.
There's also another new travel office next to Bar 38.
Sunset has just about opened, though as far as I can see, they're only doing drinks and snacks, not proper meals.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni