Author Topic: Barras Apartments  (Read 21235 times)

Offline mythos2

• View Profile
Barras Apartments
« on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »
How far from the beach?  I think Thompsons said 250m but just checking.  Any comments on the place like, room facilities and cost of air con?  Is the supermarket close by as my first job on the first full day will be to stock up with coffee, milk, orange juice and water.  If there's a toaster could get bread as well.  Sunny here now so getting in some sunshine practice.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Barras Apartments
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »
250m sounds about right. Might be 300.

There's a bakery and supermarket about 15 metres from Barras.

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
I stayed at Barras last year.  It was absolutely lovely and I couldn't fault it.  It was a leisurely 6/7 minute walk down to the beach and the supermarket, as Jimbo said, isn't far - across the road in fact!

The rooms are very nice, very spacious with nice balcony.  Aircon was 40 euros per week so about standard as far as I know.  There's all the normal self catering facilities, kettle, electric oven hob etc.  I don't recall having a toaster but I could be wrong.  The bakery is over the road for all sorts of nice things.  George and Dimitris (father and son) who run it are absolute stars!

Hope you have a great stay there, I'm sure you will :)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »
Hi Mythos 2, we normally stay at the Romanza, two years ago we got a late deal at the Barras and really enjoyed the benefits of the central location, it is a short pleasant stroll to the beach and all amenities of the village. There is a little road noise , as it is just a few metres from the main crossroad of the village. All in all though it works very well. We used to enjoy people watching from Tastty Corner, again just across the way. We love the Romanza but on many a night when we did not have the hill to climb we stayed out a while longer as it was always just a short hop home!

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »
Oh yeah good point Sellsy - I forgot to say, it's bang smack in the middle of everything, it's great! There's nowhere too far to walk :)

Offline Jayne h

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:34:33 AM »
Hello mythos2, we always stay at the Barras, it's a great central location for all the village. George and his sons are great too, friendly and helpful. Rooms are of a good size and nice and clean, basic but that's not a problem as there are lots of lovely places to eat. As everyone has mentioned bakery and supermarket are directly opposite, very handy indeed! The bus stop is also right outside the Barras so can just walk out when the bus is due! Hope this is a help to you.

Offline mythos2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
All your comments are getting us into the holiday mood - as is the current good UK weather.  We expect to arrive around midnight two weeks today and my other half will insist on a Mythos before we even think about anything else.  So a midnight special it must be - give or take a few minutes.  My Niece stayed in the Barrass apartments a few years back and has been to San Stef a total of 14 times and has given me a few tips.  We love Corfu and last year had two great weeks in St Georges South so anyone going there give the San Carlos a go, great daytime diner and bar, free sunbeds etc. 
Is the San Stef doughnut man the same one who trades on the beach in Arilas - he sounds the same, over priced and dodgy.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »
He wees in the sea
He wees in the sea
The San Stef donut man
He wees in the sea!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
Can we please spell doughnut in English, not American!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 03:40:32 PM »
He wees in the sea
He wees in the sea
The San Stef donut man
He wees in the sea!
And he doesn't wash his hands .Uggh!!!! >:(

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »
Hi mythos2 we arrived just before midnight last and went straight to Tasty Corner for a couple of beers and something to eat highly recommended and perfect for you outside Barras to your left about 20 yards ideal ;-)

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
last year

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »
Last year what?

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
Barras are well stocked clean but older, basic Apartments, ours had a toaster, fridge and all the usual self-catering items.
not far from anywhere.... nice place to stay...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 01:46:44 PM »
Barras are well stocked clean but older, basic Apartments, ours had a toaster, fridge and all the usual self-catering items.
not far from anywhere.... nice place to stay...
cheers for that four of my family will be staying there

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni