Author Topic: Rose Gardens  (Read 6366 times)

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Rose Gardens
« on: May 26, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
Hi I am a newbie to San stefanos. We are looking to stay at the Rose Garden studios on our next visit to Corfu, it looks perfect for us. But looking at the map is seems a long way out from the centre .It is difficult to judge on the google map exactly how far it is. we don't mind walking and stayed at the Villa Mary in Agios Gordios last year and didn't mind that walk although I could not do the hill again. Perhaps someone can give me an idea.
 :) Chrissyann

YANNIS26

Re: Rose Gardens
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:06:39 PM »
Hi Chrissyann
Welcome to the Forum.If you leave the Rose Garden and turn right it is 5-6 minutes walk to the tennis courts.Turn right again & you will be in the centre of the village in 5 mins.No hills to worry about.
Yammas
Yiannis
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:21:37 PM by YIANNIS26 »

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »
Have a look on YouTube. There's two videos there, San Stefanos, Corfu, Rose Garden to Port,and the return journey.filmed from a quad bike, should give you an idea of the distance and terrain.

Offline Chrissyann

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 04:37:20 PM »
Thank you YANNIS26  and IrisG.  Sounds as if it will be perfect  for us.
Chrissyann :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »
Nice and flat so should be no problem for you walking to and from the village.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline holloga

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 05:43:49 PM »
Hi Chrissyann

We have stayed at The Rose Garden twice.  It's a lovely place, very friendly and Kiki (the owner) and her family are great. It's nice and quiet;  the pool area is lovely, peaceful and very well kept.  The bar is very friendly and like most places will stay open as long as there is a customer.  Breakfast and snacks at lunch time are good.
We would probably have stayed there this year but it was fully booked for our dates in July, but we certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.    We are staying at Anatoli this year which is at the other end of the village in the old part.   

Rose Garden is only about a 10 minute stroll into the village so nothing to worry about.   Of course if it's too hot you can always stop en route at the 3Ws bar for a nice cool drink.

We're sure you'll love it.

Eleanor & George

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »
I'd say 15 min (20 min if you are a touch on the slow side), relaxed walk, is more realistic, unless your'e an athlete in racing mode - -
Rose Garden to the Tasty Corner / Barras T-Junction - - and a couple of minutes to most nearby venues - - or add 5 mins to the beach.
I've done the walk some years back now and I don't race around in San Stefanos, however some do - - but it is fairly flat....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni