Author Topic: Acabar  (Read 13911 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Acabar
« on: June 01, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »
Good morning all,

I read a recent review or Thomas Bay on TA and the poster mentioned the  'Acabar' which in their view had the best entertainment that they had ever seen. I don't recall this bar during our last visit to SS  of a few years ago, has anyone been and is the entertainment good?
Thanks for any info.

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Acabar
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »
The acabar is where the gladiator bar used to be ,first year as Acabar last year .Dimitris and Leah run the Acabar and do a fantastic job.Great cocktails,even a childrens one (non-alcoholic)Went there every night last year,looking forward to going back in July .

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
Just noticed the write up on T A  was for a trip they made last September,so hopefully they are there this year.If anybody has been to San Stefanos this year they could update us.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:44:18 PM »
Acabar initially were in what all the old hands will remember as Pandoras....
They then closed it and disappeared for a season before re-opening in what was Gladiator.
Acabar provided tribute acts just like the Condor, and some live music as well.

The live music acts & entertainment they provided was similar to that in the Original Bar38,
Which used to live next door to Gladiator, before moving across the road.
Bar38 continue to provide live entertainment as before ..... Just as the Condor does.
Also Thomas bay and Athens Bar, the 3 W's .....El Greco.... Silver Star ....  Etc...
All provide regular live entertainment.

Don't forget Romanza's Sunday BBQ's, Tereza's Wednesday Greek party night, Ozzie Oils Tuesday BBQ with the Wonderful Kerry singing.... All unmissable

Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »
Thanks chrissie and Tony for your replies and info. Always like trying somewhere new, so excited now, only two sleeps to go. :)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 04:07:35 PM »
Blimey Tony, you have my head spinning now!

Offline paularider7

• I Love San Stefanos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »
Hi Lilly, We were in San Stefanos last year and had a fantastic evening in Acabar, where we were entertained all evening by a former member of Hot Chocolate,(cannot remember his name) singing reggae. He was brilliant :D The cocktails there are also lovely, as I sampled quite a few. ;D ;D
Regards Paula.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »
Hi paula, sounds like a good place to spend an evening, looking forward to some nice vino, can't do cocktails, wish that I could but I am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. :)

Offline paularider7

• I Love San Stefanos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 08:20:24 PM »
Hi Lilly,  I hope you have a fantastic holiday, and I really hope he is there this year, as he was so good, not only was he a fantastic singer, he was very funny too. I can't wait for Aug 2nd, we are counting down the days until we are back there.
Regards Paula.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 10:04:29 PM »
Hi Lilly,  I hope you have a fantastic holiday, and I really hope he is there this year, as he was so good, not only was he a fantastic singer, he was very funny too. I can't wait for Aug 2nd, we are counting down the days until we are back there.
Regards Paula.

Thanks Paula, oh yes we intend to have a fantastic time, would be hard not to in SS, will let you know on our return if the singer from hot chocolate is performing this year, your turn will soon come, we are in SS for 3 weeks this time and we are going to hire a car and visit some places that we have never got around to visiting in our previous holidays, definetly going to Old Perthia this time to enjoy a leisurely lunch there. Thanks once again for your help. :)

Offline paularider7

• I Love San Stefanos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 11:12:43 PM »
Hi Lilly,
 oh that will be great to hear from you when you get back, yes you are right its not hard to have a good holiday there. Cor three weeks that’s my dream, we are only going for one, but we will enjoy every minute.
Regards Paula. :)

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 01:45:55 AM »
Hi paula, sounds like a good place to spend an evening, looking forward to some nice vino, can't do cocktails, wish that I could but I am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. :)

Hi Lilly

I'm a lightweight in the alcohol department too and I don't think you have to get rat a***d every night on holiday to enjoy yourself.  I enjoy the odd glass of wine, love Ouzo and Sprite and Tia Maria, but only in small amounts.

two sleeps for me too......see you there hopefully :)

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »
To everyone going to San Stef tomorrow have a great time hope the weather stays nice for you all two weeks tomorrow for me 8)

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
To everyone going to San Stef tomorrow have a great time hope the weather stays nice for you all two weeks tomorrow for me 8)

Thank you, we will save some sun for you don't worry :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni