Author Topic: First Time In San Stefanos  (Read 19625 times)

Offline mythos2

• View Profile
Re: First Time In San Stefanos
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »
Thanks for all the comments.
We usually stay on the beach for as long as we can and rarely go pool side.  If we can find the right spot, a taverana or two for lunch then we'll cope.  Last year we were in St George South, found a place with free sun beds and reckon we saved over 70€/100€.  We dined in his restaurant daily and everyone was happy.  If I went to a pool of some other hotel I'd expect to at least buy a couple of drinks but it won't be the case if the beach is what we expect it to be.  Sadly these days we have to have a budget but that's life.  8€ per day for a sun bed for me and the other half will be accounted for but if some place offers a sunbed in exchange for lunch or a discounted lunch then that's not a problem either.  Our usual day is to hit the beach at around 11ish and find a place on the beach near the taverana's and that's us sorted till say 6ish?   

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 01:03:17 PM »
Right...... I book a hotel that costs 1000 for a week. Chances are its better than one that costs 500 for the same week.
The rooms are probably better and so is the pool, sunbeds and general facilities. 
I just dont think it's right that someone from the other hotel could come along and take the sunbeds etc when they've paid half as much.
Don't particularly have issue with it as long as there's still plenty of beds spare amd they behave respectfully. 
We had this issue in Kef last year. There was a wedding taking place at the hotel. About 4 of the party were actually staying in our hotel. The rest of the party (numbering about 16) used to invade every day. It was chaos. Hotel let them as they bought lunch.
Unsurprisingly they never all decamped to the other hotels...... because they were nowhere near as nice (or as expensive) to stay at!!
100%correct you pay for your room and pool first before you get there you should have priority before casuale guests the management should let casual guests aware

Gavlah1973

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »
To be fair, maybe with the exception of Fedra Mare and Delfino, most pools in San Stef are much of a muchness.
The Romanza has superb views but you don't get many day trippers venturing up their as it's a proper hike!!

The 9 Muses in Kef is on a par with the Delfino although a little larger. It certainly pi$$ed a lot of folk off last year..... thank god they have a little quiet pool at the back which was a haven of tranquility! !

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 04:26:19 PM »
I understand both points of view as I love to swim in a pool.  In past years I have stayed at the Thomas Bay and enjoyed their pool, but as they don't welcome single travellers I have to go independently and I can't afford a villa/apartment (on the level) that has a pool.  I have always been welcomed at Nafsika and TB as I always eat there, lunches and dinners not just drinks and snacks.  Thank heaven for them I say :)

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 04:33:11 PM »
Our pit stop for ice cold mythos after a day on the beach is Nafsika and we always have a swim there,but by then residents have usually left.Apologies to those who havn't .

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »
The reality, this year, is that up until last Friday the resort has been so quiet that the pool (hotel) owners need all the business they can get. There has been no danger of anybody not getting a sunbed.

We are staying at apartments without a pool this year but have been using, and buying lunch and drinks at Perros, Tsaros, Romanza and Terezas.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 07:25:34 PM »
We only ever use the pool at Teresa and I must admit if it was full of none residents it would be annoying but as we are up one of the hills most people seem to be residents.  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 12:19:37 AM »
To be fair, maybe with the exception of Fedra Mare and Delfino, most pools in San Stef are much of a muchness.
The Romanza has superb views but you don't get many day trippers venturing up their as it's a proper hike!!

The 9 Muses in Kef is on a par with the Delfino although a little larger. It certainly pi$$ed a lot of folk off last year..... thank god they have a little quiet pool at the back which was a haven of tranquility! !

Never had a problem with using the pool at The Fedra Mare, but then I always get the kumquat jam at The Romanza!!!

The Nafsika pool is not used much by the guests, quite empty during the day, (mostly guests at the beach) and Speros (Spiros) is very happy for you to use it when you visit for lunch/drinks, (as long as you discuss metaphysics with him)

The Romanza pool (although very busy with guests) does have "interlopers" on the sunbeds but they are always welcomed as they dine or drink there.

See you in Ag Stef Gav!!

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:30 PM »

ill use the beach mostly but with sixteen of us going we may mix and match at each others apartments.its all one extended family and are good spenders and appreciate what's on offer.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »
Waspman you forgot the Athina pool , it really is a super pool!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 10:54:25 PM »
Good pool that and we stopped one day after the beach. However the guy at the pool bar was really off. Talk about grumpy!!
Also the toilets at the back off the pool bar were in a bad state

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 12:28:58 AM »
Waspman you forgot the Athina pool , it really is a super pool!!

Yes I know, we've stayed there previously, and yes, you're right Gav, the loo's are a bit of a state.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni