Author Topic: Fedra Mare - 5 star  (Read 15723 times)

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Fedra Mare - 5 star
« on: May 28, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
We are just back from the Fedra Mare and it is the best apartments we have ever stayed in. Lovely big apartments with two floors. Big rooms and a bathroom with a shower and a bath!. Lovely toiletries and fluffy housecoats with slippers to match. Wonderful views over the pool and sea, and two balconies. The aircon is included in the price and the safes are free. Nice little touches everywhere like water and fresh orange in the fridge when we arrived, candles in the rooms to keep the mozzies out.
Great pool area which was cleaned every morning. The sun beds and seating area are all of excellent quality. It is like a five start hotel!
And I could not forget the lovely Harri and Dimetris (not sure how to spell his name) running it. They are the kindest, friendliest most helpful hoteliers I have ever came across.   And of course  the best breakfast in San Stef (my opinion) :) which included chocolate cake, fruit and biscuits, cooked by the lovely Harri and served with her great sense of humour.
Special mention to Manthos and his wonderful spicy prawns and mussels that my husband had to have nearly everyday. Not that I minded, sitting with my glass of wine and my feet on the wall watching the world go by has to be up there with my 10 most favourite things to do.  Looking forward to going back.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Fedra Mare - 5 star
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:57:35 PM »
Thanks for your lovely report Jaxbubbles. Sounds like you had a lovely time there. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 12:12:04 AM »
An excellent choice of accomodation and whilst we have never stayed there,many of our friends do and like yourselves receive outstanding hospitality.
What i did find most encouraging about your report is your mention of the most original and well positioned Manthos Taverna where the quality of fish and meat is unsurpassed.It is amazing that so many of today's visitors do not know that this 'Gem' exists.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 12:16:35 AM »
I second your report jazbubbles - it really is like 5 star

Offline middy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:52:10 PM »
     We are staying at Fedra Mare from this friday for a week, so it was great to read your report confirming everything Debra told us about it last year. We are in one of the apartments, sounds brilliant. Wish we hadn't mentioned the chocolate cake for breakfast to our grandaughter though.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:00:01 PM »
And right opposite Manthos is Nafiska, which has excellent food. Then, of course, Beachcombers.

It took us a week last year to make it into the village at all!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 07:35:51 PM »
Middy - tell your granddaughter it is very delicious chocolate cake - runny in the middle!

Offline middy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 10:18:51 PM »
Middy - tell your granddaughter it is very delicious chocolate cake - runny in the middle!

Sounds great Debra....think I'll be sticking to the full english though. Might be adventurous and try greek yoghurt one morning!

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »
My wife and I stayed at FM in June 2010 for 10 nights
Can echo all comments on here.
Lovely apartments, great hosts. Dimi even arranged our personal taxi from and to Corfu airport at a v reasonable price.

If Easyjet flights from Bristol to Corfu were at better times than they currently are,  i'm sure we'd return.
Should really make the effort next year.
We stayed at Teresa the year before and although they both have v good qualities, some of a different nature, i think i'd lean towards FM, as a preference.

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 11:44:16 PM »
     We are staying at Fedra Mare from this friday for a week, so it was great to read your report confirming everything Debra told us about it last year. We are in one of the apartments, sounds brilliant. Wish we hadn't mentioned the chocolate cake for breakfast to our grandaughter though.

Middy you will have a great time, we are looking to go back to San Stef at the end of July but the FM is full. We will have to find somewhere else to stay Tell Harri and Demetris the Fisher clan from Scotland send their love:)

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 11:51:26 PM »
And right opposite Manthos is Nafiska, which has excellent food. Then, of course, Beachcombers.

It took us a week last year to make it into the village at all!

Jimbo I hate to say but we never made it to the Beachcomber which is my favourite place to eat. Don't ask me why we never went there because I don't know!! We had a drink in the Nafiska, there was a group of ladies who were having a great time, they had their own Karaoke going (words supplied by their I-phones,) 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 12:20:02 AM by Jaxbubbles »

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
Middy - the chocolate cake was given as a gesture at the end of the breakfast, with the beautifully prepared fresh fruit salad and must say John highly recommends the bacon eggs and beans!!!  And the coffee is GOOD!

Offline middy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 12:04:36 AM »
 Jaxbubbles..... have passed on your regards to Hari and Dimitri. As the thread says... 5 star.

Hope you get fixed up for end of july. We're at the Nafsika first two weeks in august.

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 11:00:57 PM »
Came across this stunning place by chance on Thursday.What a find,Demitris showed us around one of the rooms,and our jaws dropped to the floor.This little gem is being booked pronto,absolutely wonderful owners,gave us both a free drink and chatted to us both for ages.Wish we had seen this earlier in the year.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 01:09:49 AM »
Agreed these apartments and villas' are stunning...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni