Author Topic: Trips out and about  (Read 27173 times)

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Trips out and about
« on: May 14, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »
Hi - we never got to do any trips last time we were in San Stefanos but would like to do some this time and see a little more of Corfu, and the surrounding area.  I see that San Stefanos Travel offer trips and the prices from last year look to be so much better than those offered by Thomsons.   

Are these trips as good as the ones that Thomson offer? 

Does any one know when they will be putting the prices on the web for this year and do you think they will alter much from last year?

Which are the best trips to do that you all recommend?  Any advice would be greatly received.  I would like to go to Paleocastritsa (spelling!!) but dont know whether it would be best to do this by boat or coach.  Also I have been recommended to go to Kassiopi for a day or so. 

Thanks for your answers

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Trips out and about
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »
Paleo by boat instead of coach every time! The views are great. We always book trips with SS Travel - they are virtually identical to any through the Reps and they are always lower priced.

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
Agree Paleo by boat is a great trip. The San Stef Travel trips to Ericousa or Othoni also v. good. Ericousa is really beautiful with an easy walk, Othoni also v. nice. For something different, Albania is worth a trip and would really recommend the Parga and Paxos trip. both these are a long day but worth it.

Of the coach tours, have only done the SS travel Corfu Town shopper. It's a little more expensive than the local bus but you don't have the slightly chaotic wait at the bus station for the return.

SS travel are cheaper than Thomsons and the girls will look after you. Enjoy.

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 07:01:59 PM »
Also booked through Noula did Paleo by boat and Corfu by night both very enjoyable.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »
If you do the island tour (by coach) it also stops at Paleo as well as the Achillion Palace and the monastery. Kassiopi is also an option by coach.
Better value than going through Thomsons as well and are all insured.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »
Perhaps a PM to Cerys at SS travel they have also posted this weeks trips on their Facebook page.......

Offline Jacksi

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »
Thanks for your help. Paleo by boat then and to think about which others to do!!

Gettin excited now - booked the seats on the plane today!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
Agree with the above and the trips are safe fully insured and cheaper than Thomsons - thomsons only offer the "Theos Boat" trip otherwise it´s San Stef Travel all the way for us...
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »
I did Paxos and Antipaxos, Grand Island Tour and Corfu Town evening coach trip. All with San Stef Travel. All were really good and well worth the money - and cheaper than Thomsons! The Grand Island Tour was a long day but still very good :)

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 11:47:30 PM »
Take the local bus service to Corfu Town and appreciate the real Greek feel,thus avoiding over commercial stops and at the same time mixing with the genuinely friendly locals.You will have a seriously nice day.

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 03:11:36 PM »
We did the Albania trip a couple of years ago.
The ruins at Butrint were fascinating, but we felt a little uncomfortable
during the free time in Saranda, lots of young males just hanging around aimlessly. So we were glad we'd paid the extra to visit the heritage site.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 03:35:05 PM »
The boat trip to Corfu Town is one we will do again. It's only about half an hour to the harbour near Acharavi on the coach, then a nice cruise down the east coast and a few hours to explore the town.

The boat stops on the way back for a (much needed) swim.

Check the trips on San Stefanos Travel, buy from any one of the three goddesses, and enjoy!

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 05:23:52 PM »
We had the same thing in Albania with lots of beggars giving us grief. Jimbo is right about the swim on the way back from Corfu Town - it was much needed when we did the trip last year!!

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
 It's all very well getting the local bus into Corfu Town because in San Stefanos you are the first ones on,but getting back is another thing

when there are about 200 people trying to get on to a single decker coach (only English people queue) we ended up getting a taxi back

rather than risk being trampled in the rush. Believe me you are far better booking with San Stefanos travel,costs 10 or 12 euros which

works out cheaper in the end.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »
 I went on the trip to Albania two years ago and didn't have any problems with beggars.There were a few young boys selling cheap bracelets

at Butrint but the weren't a nuisance and didn't persist when politely told "no thank you".  The drive from Saranda to Butrint was interesting

and a real eye opener,I don't want to say too much or spoil the surprise for people who may be planning to go.

I would advise you to take a few sandwiches and bottles of water,the "ample buffet" which was promised was neither ample or very nice.

Having said all that it was an interesting day and I'm glad I made the trip.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni