Author Topic: Taxi from Airport to Little Prince  (Read 17874 times)

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Taxi from Airport to Little Prince
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 11:24:57 PM »
Or three GandTs if you run out of the supplies you bought at Lidl !!

We always buy 8 bottles at 9.95 evros,so hopefully wont run out of Gin,more likely spend the savings on lemons after we cleared the tree.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 12:56:24 AM »
 Just to clarify that last post.I am not the one who buys 9 bottles of gin at Lidl on the way from the airport to San Stefanos.that would be

Papapedros,my tipple of choice would be Vodka or Ouzo.

Offline Teamnickos

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 09:06:33 PM »
Def taxi. Last year we got to the apartment, freshened up, unpacked, had two beers then went to tasty corner (this was about 11pm) and while eating saw a coach carrying people on our flight

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 09:53:08 PM »
We also go by taxi booked through SS Travel. We are allowed to take an electric scooter on the flight, but not on the transfer bus even though it is light weight and collapses easily.......therefore we have no choice!
That said however, as we are "flight only" Thomson customers ( we book accessible accommodation separately with Noula) we have to pay almost as much on additional coach transfers anyway so we are happy to pay the bit extra for convenient taxi.
We have used the taxi transfer from SS Travel several times now and are really impressed!
Roll on 26/7 when we will be using it again!

Offline holloga

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »
Using taxi transfer for the first time this year.  Have had near death experience twice before using Greek taxis, once through Athens to Piraeus and the other on Andros - both scary journeys.    Does anyone know if it is now compulsory for Greek taxi drivers to pass a driving test, or should we increase our travel insurance accordingly??? ;D

No seriously  8),  from all the comments on the forum I feel quite comfortable using taxis in Corfu - unless you tell me different.

10 weeks and counting   :) :)

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 09:51:49 PM »
We've just booked a taxi transfer for our holiday on 3rd
June.
We always said we were fine with the coach, but the hanging
around at the airport got a little wearing, especially when there
was another flight combined with ours.
We will probably use the coach transfer back, as Corfu Airport
will be easier to negotiate with the help of a TC rep.

Offline mike30542

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 10:21:07 PM »
I've now booked my taxi with Corfuairporttransfer & we expect to be in our apartment by 9.30 pm. (might even have made it to bar for the first Mythos by then). At 48 euros that seems well worth it. Booking on-line was easy & I received the confirmation transfer voucher via email within a couple of hours.
Thanks again Papapetros for pointing me to the site
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:29:00 PM by mike30542 »

Offline Papapetros

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »
Good to learn you've booked the Taxi,you certainly won't be sorry and if the Plane is on time,you should be in Agios Stefanos by 22.00hrs at the latest.Tavernas will still be pleased to offer you a meal and a few nightcaps.
                Have a great holiday and who knows,we might bump into you as we arrive on Monday 10th.

Offline chrissie d

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 03:30:08 PM »
We've booked a taxi this year. On our first trip to San Stef in 2009 the coach transfer took only 1 1/2 hour without going into Sidari, but each year it's been getting longer and longer. Roll on july, looking forward to our stay at little prince ,our 4th time stopping there.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »
Our first year was a nightmare over 2 and half hours drove round Sidari dropped three quarters of the coach off then they dropped us at the side of the road in nearly 40 degrees of heat and said we had to wait for a mini bus has a coach couldn't get into the village people complained they were going to Ariilas and had been for ten years and this had never happened before. Imagine our surprise when sat having dinner at Nafsica we saw two coaches from Thomsons dropping off one from a day trip the other the Airport.  Didn't happen going back went to Arillas,Roda and think it was Dassia. Second time think it was Gouvia and Arillas but for the last few years have had a taxi. My daughters holiday I booked for her to Crete with Thomson transfers were optional so for £5 more each way than the coach transfer I booked them a taxi instead transfer time in taxi for them 30 mins coach transfer 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni