Author Topic: Opening Up!  (Read 29849 times)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Opening Up!
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »
Hi everyone, arrived in san step this morning, no one else about. Loads to report, will give a full update later. Weather is good hazy sun and 27c. Back later! Andy

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Up!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »
Looking forward to it Andy lucky you 8)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »
Hi,

After the longest winter I can remember the temptation to come out to San Steph was just too much so last Sunday we flew out with Easyjet from Luton.

Sunday night we stayed in Corfu Town which was buzzing with pre Easter celebrations, next we booked a Villa in Kassiopi with Agni called The Doctors House, it was lovely although the pool was so cold it was for the hardy only.

The weather has been amazing, one advantage of being interested in the weather is that I knew the spell of hot weather in Corfu was coming so was able to book flights/accommodation/hire car in advance. Every day has been sunny and between 26c-29c, its a bit cloudier today but still 27c.

So this morning we arrived in San Stef and booked into the Little Prince, as always the Apartment is fantastic. Until about 2pm we had the Village to ouselves although the coaches are starting to arrive now.

So whats changed?

The Village

A new Restaurant has opened up where Mamma Mias used to be, it does Pizza, seafood and Steak based meals and looks nice inside. San Stephano car hire has moved to a new building where the old gift shop was and the old San Stephano car hire shop is undergoing some type of renovation.

So far the Little Prince, 2 Stars and Yiannis are open but most of the others are still close. The Greek Easter this weekend is leading to a delayed opening for many Taverna and there is no sign of life at Zorbas or Olympia.

The Beach

Oh dear, what a mess, sea weed everwhere and no sign of sun beds. The beach has lost a lot of sand and is very narrow past the Havana Bar, the local auithority is trying to clear the beach but the wet winter has turned the sand into quick sand so they have their work cut out!

Arillas

Even quieter than San Steph although tourist were arriving as we left, the beach near the Jetty isnt too bad but under the cliffs it has vanished, hopefully as in San Steph the beach will grow and dry out over the coming weeks.

Tonight the few people staying at the Little Prince will be gathering for opening night and I imagine a cosy atmosphere will ensure!

More to follow over the next few days as the Village 'Opens Up'!

Andy

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
How lovely to have an update - weather sounds fantastic - can't wait for our holiday.  Any news of what entertainment will be this year?

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:28:07 PM »
Thanks for the update Gillywoo.For the life of me I can't remember where Mama Mia's was.Enjoy your holiday,hope the weather stays good .

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 09:23:29 PM »
Thanks for all the info look forward to hearing more Andy ;)

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 09:26:02 PM »
Thanks for the update Gillywoo.For the life of me I can't remember where Mama Mia's was.Enjoy your holiday,hope the weather stays good .

Mama Mia was directly to the right of Zorbas and directly opposite Bar 38

Offline romanza man

• SanStef Regular
  • July 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »
Nice report Andy
Glad to hear that everything is starting to come to life, and there is new projects on the go.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 09:42:20 PM »
 Thanks Waspman, I was having a senior moment.I remember now.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »
Thanks for that Andy. Enjoy your stay  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 01:19:14 AM »
Was mama mia's once (2006 ish) a Mexican?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 02:32:02 AM »
Pizza, I think. Then when it closed taken over by Thomson reps as their office. Last year it was empty.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 02:40:17 AM »
Pizza, I think. Then when it closed taken over by Thomson reps as their office. Last year it was empty.

Thanks Jimbo.

I do have a memory of eating a Mexican on the main street circa 2006, was there a Mexican? If so which building was it in?

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 08:52:06 AM »
Thanks Jimbo.

I do have a memory of eating a Mexican on the main street circa 2006, was there a Mexican? If so which building was it in?
same building was called TEX MEX i think

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »
Glorious morning this morning not a cloud in the sky.

Spent last night in the Little Prince and had a lovely evening, had about 5 couples all night so it was quiet, there was about 4 people in 2 Stars and a few people in Silver Star otherwise this end of town was very quiet.

Thomas Bay is fully open offering meals and snacks but it was the only place open on the main street apart from Yiannis Giros place.

The Village will be quiet until the next influx of people on Monday and many bars are waiting till then before opening up. Spoke to Spiros at the Havana Bar and he is open but only serving drinks until Tuesday. He has done a lot of work to the Bar and it looks great.

Delfino Blue extension still isnt finished, indeed, the whole hotel shows little sign of life!.

So just enjoying a full English Breakfast before heading out and seeing what else is new, then its a day by the pool.

Its a hard life but someone has to do it! ;D ;D

Andy

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni