Author Topic: Sat nav app for android phone  (Read 15537 times)

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Sat nav app for android phone
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:33:18 PM »
Does anyone know of a satnav app that will work in Corfu we are going to the Teresas on the 10th of May for 2 weeks and hope to hire a car to get around, in the past we have stuggled a little with the navigation . :)

Offline spesh49

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Sat nav app for android phone
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
I think even a sat nav will struggle to find its way around Corfu, But to be honest its not that bad using the maps provided and on your return just follow signs for Sidari. And save your data costs.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 10:16:18 AM »

I use the Ovi maps on my Nokia phone and they work well , all you have to do is go to the Nokia Map webpage and download and install them ,  best of all they are free.
Adventure before dementia

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »
Some car hire companies offer sat nav rental for a small additional fee. Ask your car hire agent and I'm sure they will be able to help.

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:16:09 PM »
Just point you car / jeep / bike in the general direction and go!  When you get lost just stop at a taverna , have a Mythos and carry on !

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:17:28 PM »
What I'm tying to say is leave your western, sat nav, organised life  in the uk and enjoy you holls xx

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
Okay thanks to all who replied maybe Bensons got it right it,s okay to get lost sometimes never know where you might end up,just hard to drop the organised western ways  lol ,7 or 8 years ago we went to Moratika and we thought it would be nice to see again but dont fancy driving through Corfu town maybe can plan it on a map although that didnae work the last time.
Looking forward to a great holiday only another 11 days before we are off. Yipeee   ;D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 11:23:05 PM »
Sometimes part of the fun is getting lost and finding somewhere off the beaten track that can be a wonderful place to explore.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
This forum is just like A S - full of good people. I don't apologise for putting some posts out there that may offend, I put them out there and expect that i'm not understood and will get a wrath of complaints but you guys and girls get me - love it. X

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 06:48:47 PM »
 Andrew I think your best route would be to drive down the west coast as far as Sinarades,turn off there,go through Kastelani and Kinoplastes and head towards Benitses that will take you straight down to Morataika and you will avoid Corfu town.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
The secret for driving by map in Corfu - is to work out a route by following the "main" roads to your destination.
when you work out which route - then drive village to village (as it shows on the map), as you go along the route - - you shouldn't then get lost.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 12:21:27 AM »
Okay i think we have a plan drive down the west coast as far as Sinarades,turn off there,go through Kastelani and Kinoplastes and head towards Benitses that will take you straight down to Morataika sticking to the main roads and if we get lost does'nt realy mater might find someplace new and interesting coolio, all going well we should be in San stef on Friday. Yammas

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »
 That's exactly the route I suggested to you on April29th. If you have time stop for a break in Sinarades,it's a lovely old village and there is a

Folklore Museum there with a reconstruction of a 19th century village house containing all the original furnishings and utensils,musical instruments

and traditional costumes.Have a great holiday!

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
Made it to Moratika today without sat nav ended up going through Corfu town as other routes were to complicated. The weather on the east coast is really nice no wind , it is a bit blowy in SS but the sun is out.
Did a bit of touring yesterday went to agios stef east coast Kasiop and old Perithia all worth a visit some interesting roads to drive. :)

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
Interesting certainly does cover some of the roads. well worth it though to explore some of the places off the beaten track. Old Perithia is very peaceful, we've been up a couple of times.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni