Author Topic: Thomson 2014 holidays on sale  (Read 5754 times)

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Thomson 2014 holidays on sale
« on: April 25, 2013, 11:59:21 PM »
Had an email earlier from Thomson informing 2014 Summer on sale.
Took a look for San Stef, as we are thinking of returning in 2014 after a 4 year absence.
But, expensive or what!
Over £500/person for a week in mid-June, flying out of B'ham on a Monday morning.
Anyone think the 2014 prices will drop?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson 2014 holidays on sale
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:57:07 AM »
Been looking today and prices are nearly £200.00 up for us on this years prices. Someone else we know there price is up almost £200.00 per person. Normally the first days of prices going out are the cheapest. We are not sure what to do so may just wait and see.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:10:08 AM »
We booked early last year the price never came back down to what we paid also booked for my Daughter's family to go to Crete the day after we booked again wasn't sure if it would get cheaper but the day after price went up and it's just gone up and up ever since they go in August it's now £400 more than they paid in May last year. Our same two weeks at the Nafsica this year are over £200 more next year don't think that's down to Speros

Offline Bristle Boy

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:34:27 AM »
Being in finance and analysing markets the fact that the prices are much higher for 2014 tells me Thomson and the like have come out of any recession that there was in the travel industry in last few years.
The higher prices ties in with a much leaner company whose shares are viewed as a 'buy' by the analysts. Along with Easyjet who have also raised prices in last 12 months tells me the 'bargain' prices of the last few years may have 'flown'.

Should've added that i realise if u can be really flexible on days and times of flying, esp from gatwick, then i guess one might get a cheaper flight.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 01:38:41 AM by Bristle Boy »

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 02:13:58 AM »
Just checked for next year and the same two weeks in 2014 for the four of us is £450 more than we paid for this July.
We didnt book this years until October when the price had dropped by several hundred pounds from what it had been over the summer.
I will be price watching, and wont book unless it drops to somewhere around the levels we have paid for the last four years.
My advice is buy when you are happy with the price, wait too long and you may regret it.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 09:44:01 AM »
We are going to wait and see if the prices drop enough to be within our budget. Normally I would book as soon as the holidays become available but not this time.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 03:03:59 PM »
Too many "unknowns" around for me to consider booking for 2014.The euro, Greek economy, our economy etc.
Think Jules is correct! If they don't sell, do prices come down?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni