Author Topic: Restaurants/taverna's that we visited during our holiday.  (Read 30313 times)

Offline Vincemac

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants/taverna's
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 10:30:09 AM »
            Barras food ?? Sofia is a very good cook. Try her meatballs they are the best. The food is cooked in the traditional way - scrummy. Alekos in tasty corner has the best pitta gyros-and a large plate gyros is enough for 2.         
yeh we had a good meal for fourteen of us good food good service thanks George and jimmy and staff

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurants/taverna's that we visited during our holiday.
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 09:15:27 PM »
Re Cliquiness in San Stefanos..I think the more times you go to San Stefanos,the less cliquey it gets!!..thats why we are going back for the 5th time next year!!..To be honest it sometimes feels like you are intruding on a private club in some places where the "regulars" will be given the preferential treatment and first refusal on things before newcomers.A bit of a catch 22 really because to become a regular you have to feel comfortable as a newcomer in the first place.Hoping to stay at Anatoli Apts next year so hopefully will not feel the awkwardness we have felt at another place in the past...only my opinion and I wouldnt want to go back to San Stefanos once again after missing out for a couple of years if I DIDNT BL**DY LOVE THE PLACE!!
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »
If you can't beat them join them you will be made very welcome by all

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2013, 08:36:17 AM »
There's nothing cliquey about Anatoli. I'm sitting on the balcony now at 7:30 in the morning looking out over the sea, and there isn't a clique in sight!

Mind you, Albania's not visible, either. Still fog on the horizon.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »

Hmmm I have to agree with the negative comments re Olympia, in 30 odd years of coming to San Stef, the only bad meal I have ever had was there in 2008.  My husband is a chef so knows a bit about food and isnt someone who is critical of other chefs but likes to experience different cultures and cuisines, but the meal we had at Olympia was really really bad  :(

However he loves Spiros at Nafsika and they are always gassing about bloody food and recipes whenever we are there!

I do know what people mean about cliqueyness in SS - some regulars do tend to like the preferential treatment offered and newbies sometimes can feel a bit sidelined, but its still a really lovely friendly place and hopefully no one would be put off going back!

Offline cabmufc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 03:39:34 AM »
RE Cliquieness-Naming no names but when we go back to San Stefanos in August next year I hope to right a wrong that spoilt the last week of our last holiday there a bit in 2011...it was all down to someone looking after their regulars in a particular way and I took offence because I thought I was becoming a regular as well!!!..Lifes too short for grudges and I hope to make amends next year. :-[
Life is what you make it....Dont backdate it...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni