Author Topic: Busy on the Beach  (Read 55144 times)

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Busy on the Beach
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 02:17:04 AM »
No sun beds on the beach yet. Can anybody remember what date they came out last year? I know they were out by 28th May at the latest.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »
Not sure about last year but the year before we stayed at Margaritas from the 8th June the only sunbeds out the first week were what Waves put out and were free so we had Lunch or breakfast there as a bit of a thank you then all the  Sunbeds arrived the second week so that was the middle of June when they got there Licences so not sure if that was later than usual

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 01:30:44 PM »
Hi is it true that they are not putting sunbeds out. I read on another site that you collect your sunbed from the car park area at 60euro and take it were you want to be and return it at the end of the day and get 50 euro back.
surely if this is true it will affect trade at the Havana and the other bar  down the other end of the beech.
harry

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 01:50:07 PM »
Has I've just said on the chat site can't see it working what if you go for a spot of lunch someone could take your sunbeds and brolly back and claim 50 euros deposit love the beach but will have to think again if this happens

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »
What site have you read this on? This sounds like a terrible idea both for the tourists and the beach based business'.  :o

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
I suspect (if it's true) that the entrepreneur would be well advised to pre-order some crutches!

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »
Hi if you go on the site of the webcam live below the webcam is a forum it was on there.
Harry

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 05:48:40 PM »
Can't find that forum Harry, but suspect this approach would not work very well because people are used to the existing, equitable, arrangement.

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »
I read that on the other forum, too. The person who posted it says they're checking with San Stefanos Travel to see if they can confirm or deny the rumour.
Looks like we'll have to wait and see!

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »
Hi Rover this is the sight it was posted on  http://corfu.chatango.com/
harry

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:02 PM »
Outrageous and silly idea. Just what do you get for your €10- two beds and a brolly, or a single one?? Bet the sales of lilos will rocket to avoid the possibility of having your beds took back if you happen to go off the beach for lunch!!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »
Not sure if these facts are entirely correct.Anon 0513 says that he has heard from San Stef,not San Stefanos Travel, Graham 999 is checking

with San Stefanos Travel and will post his reply when he hears from them.

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 07:26:03 PM »
Thanks Harry. I agree with swedebasher, buy lilo's and cheap parasols, give them away when you go home.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 07:59:10 PM »
 Just imagine if it gets windy,which it often does,there will be hundreds of lilos and parasols blowing up and down the beach

and floating out to Albania!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 08:15:21 PM »
Now I read these posts earlier today - so when I finished work today I asked around resort, no-one I approached all being locals knew anything about this perhaps its was posted on 1st April!!! As it sounds like Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work I go, after all how far can you carry your chair & brolly surely then the ones nearest the sunbed pound will survive and all other areas on the beach will be empty - anyway will await someone who knows to post - just sounds very off the wall to me........tell me its a joke or have I lost something in translation perhaps...... ???

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni