Author Topic: Woop woop! Flights are booked :-))  (Read 16009 times)

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Woop woop! Flights are booked :-))
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:05:55 AM »
Flights booked today for the whole family (10 of us coming out this year  ;D)

Got my Gatwick flights through Monarch for £244 each plus baggage so well happy - night flights but it was over £200 cheaper than the day flights so it was a no brainer!!

We are staying in Vagelis' 4 bed apt from 5-19 Aug so look out for us if any of you are there then  :D

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Woop woop! Flights are booked :-))
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »
I can see that I am the only one excited that I have flights booked to San Stef for a good price!  ;)

Offline Googleberry1811

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »
Ha ha we also got our flights for about the same price wtih Easyjet going from Manchester in June but we fly out early evening and come back middle of the night. Lucky really as we dont have children the only people that are grumpy from lack of sleep are us!

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »

Hmmm well we have a 3yr old who will be on his first flight and I'm hoping he'll be out cold for both flights as our return one is middle of the night as well!

Prob is that as I live in Kent and my family are in Staffs and Derbyshire, we have had to co-ord flights from 3 diff airports   ???

Anyway all booked now and so excited!!   

Hope you also have an amazing time in June - its a brilliant month to go because its not too hot and no bloody wasps either!!  ;D

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 06:33:24 PM »
Booked our flights with Easyjet from Gatwick some months ago. For good daytime flights, pre booked seats and 20kg of luggage the cost was £170 each, not bad!

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
Waspman - that was a good deal!!  :)

When you going?

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 08:00:49 PM »
Booked our flights with Thomas Cook way back in September for our 3 week stay in June, £500 total cost which includes 45kg between us for our hold luggage, 5kg hand luggage each, pre booked seats and meals plus 9am flight on outbound and 1530 return flight, quite pleased with this.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 08:43:37 PM »
Glad you are getting excited. We are as well but don't go until end of August :)

Love seeing everyone's countdown to when they are going (can feel the excitement for them as well)  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »
Booked our flights with Thomas Cook way back in September for our 3 week stay in June, £500 total cost which includes 45kg between us for our hold luggage, 5kg hand luggage each, pre booked seats and meals plus 9am flight on outbound and 1530 return flight, quite pleased with this.

Very good price you got there.

I also booked last September but unfortunately am limited to travel in the may/june school hols so if we want 2 weeks it means the Thomas Cook Friday night flight was our only option. Return flights for the 3 of us was £850 (no meal, no prebooked seats, 2x20kg cases + hand luggage)

Total spend including accommodation, flights and transfer is a little under £1500 which is better than the £1650 we paid Thomsons last year so I'm happy with that.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 09:57:51 PM »
Waspman - that was a good deal!!  :)

When you going?

Late June for 17 days and again in early September for 17 days.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 11:33:35 PM »
My June flight is with Monarch from Luton and cost me £244 incl Hold bag, and booked seats.  Afternoon going out and returning before 11pm so not bad at all :)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 01:30:27 AM »
Very good price you got there.

I also booked last September but unfortunately am limited to travel in the may/june school hols so if we want 2 weeks it means the Thomas Cook Friday night flight was our only option. Return flights for the 3 of us was £850 (no meal, no prebooked seats, 2x20kg cases + hand luggage)

Total spend including accommodation, flights and transfer is a little under £1500 which is better than the £1650 we paid Thomsons last year so I'm happy with that.

D&G, at least your holiday is cheaper this year and a little under £1500 is not a bad price for 3 of you for a 14 night stay, it would cost more to holiday in this country for 14 nights by the time you add up fuel,dining out etc and at least you are guaranteed some sun, where are you staying this year?

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 02:09:28 AM »
D&G, at least your holiday is cheaper this year and a little under £1500 is not a bad price for 3 of you for a 14 night stay, it would cost more to holiday in this country for 14 nights by the time you add up fuel,dining out etc and at least you are guaranteed some sun, where are you staying this year?

Absolutely Lilly. I'm very happy with the cost of our 2 weeks. It's just slightly frustrating that the cost of flights increase so much during the school holidays but I suppose it's supply and demand. Staying at Theodosia. Only 4 weeks to go!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
We found flights very expensive this year - teaching means school holidays only - there are 16 of us on our flight and whilst East Mid is nearest - we got cheaper in Manchester and better flight times.  But even paying nearly £400 for flights still feel holiday cheaper - the folk who are coming for the wedding and staying just one week I think have got deal cheaper as a package - eg an extra £180 (extra to cost of our flights) for two people and that is including transfers, baggage etc. and staying at the Athina.  So suppose you need to shop around and it seems earlier booking equates cheaper deal.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 10:18:29 AM »
Oh and Silverstar - am excited for you!  We shall be there for until 9th August and staying just up the road at Fedra and Christinas and are a big party so will look out for you.  We will have a long haired handsome Aussie will us!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni