Author Topic: Barras apartments  (Read 14207 times)

sarah_suarez

Barras apartments
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
Does anybody have direct contact details for the Barras Apartments?

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Barras apartments
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »
Hi,

Their email is:

barras@otenet.gr

Georgie :)

sarah_suarez

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »
Many thanks!

sarah_suarez

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »
Also, does anyone have any idea when your details get passed to the accommodation that you've booked if you book through Thomsons?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »
My, probably wrong, information is that the information is passed at the last minute. Like two or three days - to avoid owners letting privately and so that Thomson can do late offers.

This is particularly bad news for owners at the end of the season, because they don't want to have to stay open for one or two guests. Come mid-October they've had enough. There was a jolly atmosphere in the village last year when they could close a week earlier than the theoretical end of season! Happy owners dispensed free drinks, and happy reps packed their bags and headed home.

sarah_suarez

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »
A lot of helpful info on here! We are coming for 2 weeks in July, we like to only pack for 1 though. Does the Barras apartments have laundry facilities?

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 10:53:11 PM »
Not that I know of but I could be wrong, I never asked as I always overpack! Someone else may know...

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:39 PM »
Hi,

I am not sure if Barras have a laundry service but if not there is a laundry service just past Yiannis taverna, they will even iron items of clothing if you wish and will  also deliver it to your accommodation, I can't remember the name but I am sure someone on here will know, we usually get most of our holiday clothes washed by them a couple of days before we are due home.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 12:41:41 AM »
The laundry service as referred to by Lilly is definitely worth using. We usually get a few bits washed and ironed on our second week. They usually charge a fixed amount per bag for washing and ironing has a per item price.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
We always go up to the laundry the day before coming home. The charge for us last year was 14€,for a wash and dry.
The stuff is washed and folded neatly, so we just put the bags straight into our cases, means no huge piles of laundry on the floor the day we arrive home......priceless!

sarah_suarez

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 11:52:23 AM »
Many thanks everyone, the main reason for trying to pack for a week is it doesn't matter how much we like everything we pack, we always like and wear some stuff more than the rest and it just seems pointless taking it!
Thanks again! :)

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:42 PM »
Oh what a brilliant idea IrisG, there's nothing more depressing than coming home after a lovely holiday and having to wash load after load

of grotty clothes. I think I'll try that this year and bring most of the clothes home clean then I'll just have to iron them. Eureka!!!

sarah_suarez

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Just by the responses I have had from The Barras apartments by email, I know we have made the right choice! Can't wait, only 11 weeks and 6 days to go!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 08:35:14 AM »
Back to Sarah and Jimbo's posts, Thomsons notify the week before, as I found out the year before last when in the Athina Hotel and I was trying for a room change.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 02:45:05 PM »
Yup..... deffo only 7 days before. As I've found out with trying to contact Jet2 about my flights which Thomson subcontracted to them.
We dont exist in Jet2 eyes until 7 days prior

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni