Author Topic: Corfu Weather Prospects April/May 2013  (Read 74882 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Corfu Weather Prospects April/May 2013
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 02:15:19 AM »
One thing to note is that forecasts are for Kerkira town. Quite often it rains and has thunder storms there when it's clear and lovely in Ag Stef.

UK Met Office forecasts are as reliable as any forecast can be. Looks like Tuesday next week is going to be very hot.

Meanwhile, the rest of May looks cold and rubbish in the UK.

Offline slh78

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 10:47:09 AM »
As long as we get a bit of sun so that we can sit and enjoy a Mythos around the Kapetanios pool we'll be extremely happy :) world weather online was the forecast I looked at, just now it changed to sunny for the first week so I may stick with that one!! Not anything to do with this topic, but how far away is the supermarket from the Kapetanios? We have older relatives with us and I think we will be up and down the hills few times a day fetching groceries and water for us all!!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 11:14:58 AM »
Ignore accuweather - complete waste of time - they just follow each weather prediction model run that are run 4 times a day.

I know, I was just giving an example of how different forecasts say different things, in truth I ignore them all.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »
As long as we get a bit of sun so that we can sit and enjoy a Mythos around the Kapetanios pool we'll be extremely happy :) world weather online was the forecast I looked at, just now it changed to sunny for the first week so I may stick with that one!! Not anything to do with this topic, but how far away is the supermarket from the Kapetanios? We have older relatives with us and I think we will be up and down the hills few times a day fetching groceries and water for us all!!

Hi,

We are staying at Kapetanios too for 3 weeks this time but we arrive on the day you leave so won't get to meet you   :(, booked independently this time and saved a tidy sum. The nearest supermarket is about 8 minutes or less down the hill from the apartments, you pass the Sunset tavern on the right then just keep going and the supermarket is also on your right, Kapetanios sell large bottles of water so no need to carry them up the hill, we usually buy a few small bottles for the beach and fill them up when needed, the supermarket will also deliver your groceries for you so no need to carry anything up the hill apart from yourself after a few ouzo's. ;D ;D

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 11:28:34 AM »
Also the new supermarket next to to Hippopots and Ice Cream Place offers free delivery on minimum orders, they will deliver for you up the hill, call 26630 51485 or pop in and see them.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 01:26:14 PM »
I have the Accu Weather app on my phone and it picks up Sidari so a bit closer

Next weeks weather looks like this according to them....

Mon 13/5 - 21c Thunderstorm possible
Tues 14/5 - 22c Sunny
Weds 15/5 - 22c Partly cloudy
Thurs 16/5 - 24c Partly Cloudy
Fri 17/5 - 27c Sunny
Sat 18/5 - 24c Sunny
Sun 19/5 - 24c Sunny

Funnily enough w/c 20/5 is forecast to be a bit rough. Max temps around 19c and rain forecast for most days

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
I don't trust the Sidari forecast. The only proper weather station on the island is the airport.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 06:44:55 PM »
Is there a weather station near Angela's apartments
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline slh78

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 06:57:14 PM »
Ah, good news regarding big water bottles being available on site! I'll keep the phone number in mind for deliveries but we are very active so will be happy to run around a bit! Hmm I'll look at them cost of going independently next year.  I have a feeling we did look at going to Parga independently but flights only were very expensive for four of us so it cancelled out any benefit.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »
Cmon Lesley..... do your stuff...... report each day on how accurate the forecast has been!!

You can be our Corfiot Michael Fish

"What hurricane"

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
In my experience the best Corfu forecast is from the UK MetO:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/europe/corfuforecast.html

Followed by Weather Online Corfu Forecast:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/city?LANG=en&CEL=C&SI=mph&CONT=euro&LAND=GR&REGION=0005&WMO=16641&LEVEL=52&R=0&NOREGION=1

Followed by Weather Underground Corfu Forecast:

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/GR/Kerkyra.html

Forget the others they are rubbish but keep these in your favourites!

Slightly more unsettled today with some showers over Corfu Town although San Stef looks sunny, the rest of the week should be fine and sunny.

Andy

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »
I always use the Wunderground one as it seems the most accurate
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
Today Monday (13/05) its is a mix of blue skies, fluffy clouds and a strong breeze/wind, sea choppy (surfing weather) I would say about a force 5. Temps in the sun (away from the wind) around 23c. We did have rain and a lightening storm last night/early morning............ ???

Gavlah1973

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:19 PM »
That's pretty accurate then!!! (So Far!!)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »
I've been using this for a number of years as it shows the temperature at regular intervals actually in San Stef - show it says (half-way down the righthand side). It seems accurate.

http://www.corfu-weather.com/agios-stefanos/

When God created Wales he was just showing off

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni